Loki's slopestyle info

dwy33

Sunday January 27,2008

Registration is 8:00am-9:00am in the lodge

$10 entry fee. (All the entry fees are used for the cash prizes)

competitors without a sno season pass are given a discounted lift ticket rate of $20.00 for the day.

Competition starts at 10:30am

Men's and Women's Age Groups: 11-14, 15-17 and 18 & older.

we are having a 10 and under age group.

The contest will be held on Mainline trail and the finish line will be visible from the Sno Grille (If your friends or parents come they can watch the contest from the Sno Grille Deck).

The course will be setup with a novice side and an expert side.

Under eighteen must have the release waiver signed by a parent or guardian. You can download the waiver at http://snomtn.com/events/lokireg.htm

there will be cash prizes as well as prizes furnished by Sno Mountain and the Ski Corner.

any additional questions about this contest or future contests can be e-mailed to me:

beaker@snomtn.com

Thanks,

Mike

what kind of park setup are we looking at here? jump lines? how big are the jumps gonna be? what rails?

the expert side will be set up single barrel down rail, table top with raised lip, down flat down,cheese wedge, long flat rail, finish with the c bowl. all expert rails will be gapped

novice - flat or down box, table top, x box, cheese wedge, long flat box, finish with c bowl. all novice rails will be ride on.

I am going to possible subsitute a few things on the expert side if possible. (stair case, battleship, 29 ft rainbow)

the course is not set in stone, things are subject to change based on the flow of the course. I will know a little more about the jump sizes on thursday. We are currently making more snow on the trail for the jumps.

Mike

To have a chance in this thing, do you have to do like huge 9's or anything big like that?

it's a slopestyle contest not a big air contest. Sure you'll probable score better on that feature but that alone isn't going to determine your placing in the contest.

O yea and also are the jumps on the novice side going to be smaller than the expert side?

yes

Lol yeah, her username is awesome *i think its a her... sorry!!!))

And i'd also like to know if' i'm just going to be the only one sucking with clear 180's and a few grabs... lmao

haha yeahh im a girl.

and welll nah. all i`ll be doing is grabs and 180s ..actually. maybe some 3s. but no worries. i`ll be sucking too =[

i might want to come up there for this it sounds like fun. i have never been to sno though. so so far there is only two girls planning on it and 3 if i do?

oh and do your boxes have round or flat coping

? do you have mellow or flat lips and other set up info like that...... i know im asking alot but i dont want to get there and have like pop less lips and boxes that i cant do anything on

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

"The course will be setup with a novice side and an expert side."

If we pick to do the expert side do we need to stay there the whole time or can you pick from both sides features

you can use any of the features just remember that you are scored on technical difficulty.

Ok thanks alot for the answers, and also, how many runs does each person get?

The contest is going to be in Jam format, if you are happy with your first run stick with it. If not you can get as many runs as possible during the time frame of your age group.

i might want to come up there for this it sounds like fun. i have never been to sno though. so so far there is only two girls planning on it and 3 if i do?

oh and do your boxes have round or flat coping

? do you have mellow or flat lips and other set up info like that...... i know im asking alot but i dont want to get there and have like pop less lips and boxes that i cant do anything on

flat copings, the ride ons will have pop to them as well as the gapped rails. Our park crew will be working the event and keeping things in good shape. I wouldn't count on just three girls competing. The day of the contest should have a pretty decent walk up.

If i take my first run down the novice side, can i come back up and take a run on the expert side? Also is there goin to be time to practice before it starts? And is there a guess when this will be over?

Haha you sure do have alot of questions. Yes you can go down any side you want whenever. You can even switch sides midway though your run. Im sure there is going to be practice. And It will be over whenever its over.

haha yeahh im a girl.

and welll nah. all i`ll be doing is grabs and 180s ..actually. maybe some 3s. but no worries. i`ll be sucking too =[

haha allright, cool. I'll probally throw some 3's too, depending on how i feel, maybe just throw myself into a 5 and die while i'm at it too! lmfao

wow, i'm kinda excited, even to lose! lol

flat copings, the ride ons will have pop to them as well as the gapped rails. Our park crew will be working the event and keeping things in good shape. I wouldn't count on just three girls competing. The day of the contest should have a pretty decent walk up.
Mike, I don't think the lips need to be poppy at all. They just need to be really smooth at a normal angle. Riding the park all last week all the lips were really poppy and they threw you off the lips weird. Same with the jumps, lips were way too poppy. Im sure that now Mike and Trent are in everything will be better.

Mike, I don't think the lips need to be poppy at all. They just need to be really smooth at a normal angle. Riding the park all last week all the lips were really poppy and they threw you off the lips weird. Same with the jumps, lips were way too poppy. Im sure that now Mike and Trent are in everything will be better.

Oic, Idk, I havent really figured it all out yet you know?! all I know is that I hard a real hard time spinning 3's last week on them for some reason. i could not figure it out....

Oic, Idk, I havent really figured it all out yet you know?! all I know is that I hard a real hard time spinning 3's last week on them for some reason. i could not figure it out....
It was the lips. Their shaped like quarter pipes. I died on the last jump last night and got a nice bruise. If your not ready to get popped when your spinning, they it will throw you way off and you will just fall hard. The shape of the lips should be changed by tomorrow since the groomers from Planet will be in to fix up the park and what not.

hey nick, I just noticed that I am in your picture in your signature. it looks like i have video of you for sure.
Ha ya well its not looking like I need it. I still haven't filmed, or gotten my heads on my camera cleaned. I gotta try to go pick up a head cleaner soon so I can get some footage to make a descent promo this year.

It was the lips. Their shaped like quarter pipes. I died on the last jump last night and got a nice bruise. If your not ready to get popped when your spinning, they it will throw you way off and you will just fall hard. The shape of the lips should be changed by tomorrow since the groomers from Planet will be in to fix up the park and what not.

Thanks Nick! You know how I am... I'm just learning spins in the park, so i'm not anywhere near smart with this shit yet...