1-26 1-27 TR

phillycore

Going to be really short here as I need to get to work...

Went with my son to Shawnee for an overnight trip through our Church's youth group.

Sat Night was really icy and the lifts were slow as all hell. I spent the first hour or so teaching a first timer how

to ski then he went off on his own with my son. He did great for a first timer and I'm sure he'll be going out again.

I made my first couple runs down the terrain park and bennekill as that was the chair I was nearest to after the lesson.

Moved on trail trail towards the skiers right as the night progressed. I couldn't figure out whatn they use to classify these trails but all the blues, and blacks seemed the same to me. The mountain basically has two pitches... the top of it is one and the bottom is a little steeper.. Hard to judge though as it was night and the conditions were crap as expected for any mountain on a sat. night.

Sunday... Got up early to get first tracks... Was on the mountain to score first tracks on arrowhead.

Got in as many runs as possible then found a little gem called renegade which is easily the steepest trail there,

I guess it's not lighted because I never even saw it sat night. Got in a ton of runs even though the lifts are dog slow..

Tried nastar for the first time and my first time ever skiing around gates... Yeah I suck... Probably would have done better had I tried it earlier before the course was all ice, but what the hell.. I did like 43:14 or some shit... either way I suck on twins with no edges and ice.... yeah it was fun.

work calls

Holy Crap I just logged into that nastar thing and man I suck even worse than I thought I sucked... I was like 65th out of like 88 racers... Now I know exactly why I never did it before..

My only excuses are...

the course was nothing but ice when I did it late in the day

My skis needed to be tuned no edges or wax

I was the only one there attempting to do it on twins

and the #1 reason... I'm fat and I SUCK!!

Holy Crap I just logged into that nastar thing and man I suck even worse than I thought I sucked... I was like 65th out of like 88 racers... Now I know exactly why I never did it before..

My only excuses are...

the course was nothing but ice when I did it late in the day

My skis needed to be tuned no edges or wax

I was the only one there attempting to do it on twins

and the #1 reason... I'm fat and I SUCK!!

Look on the bright side...You were probably 1st in the heavy weight division. :D