Smuggler's Notch - Christmas break

NJSkiFamily

sounds like you guys had an awsome time, last time i was at smuggs was probably 6 years ago and its was early march and it snowed 6 inches on top of another 8 that feel earlier in the week and that was my first time riding in snow deep enough to cover my board so smuggs is a fond memory. i hope to get back ther soon, if not next year if i end up going to school in VT

Self preservation makes your brain work faster than you thought it could. Start committing and pointing the tips and the rest will fall into place. Well, and a few tumbles. I didn't read the whole novel but I did check out the pics. Thanks for the TR.

Self preservation makes your brain work faster than you thought it could. Start committing and pointing the tips and the rest will fall into place. Well, and a few tumbles.

I know, I know..... :rolleyes: I am determined to do that in a few weeks when we're back. I think it was a fear of taking a bad fall and getting hurt at the beginning of the season.

If I'm getting 25% off the cost of the uber-expensive Smuggs then I want to be around to ski it!!! The resort gave me 25% off the cost of both trips this winter.

BTW....always read all your mail from your resort. The letter offering 25% off the cost of our vacation looked like your typical marketing junk mail you get. You know the kind....."thanks for the reservations....looking forward to seeing you.....yadda, yadda, yadda....."

Instead it read......thanks for staying with us last year, we know you didn't have great conditions last year when you came but we'd like for you to come back so we're offering 25% off your 2007/2008 vacation.

I'm jealous. :) Seven years ago was our last week long ski trip to Vermont, when we stayed ski in/out at Okemo. The boys were six and eight, and it was our first Winter where the three of us really skiied. It was early March and conditions were ideal. We skiied in the woods a lot. We took a day trip to Killington and the boys loved the intermediate glades on Rams Head, and the Gondola rides. I never tried Smuggs, but I looked into it a number of times. My wife gave up skiing after we had kids and it's a shame because she was a really good skiier.

I'm jealous. :) Seven years ago was our last week long ski trip to Vermont, when we stayed ski in/out at Okemo. The boys were six and eight, and it was our first Winter where the three of us really skiied. It was early March and conditions were ideal. We skiied in the woods a lot. We took a day trip to Killington and the boys loved the intermediate glades on Rams Head, and the Gondola rides. I never tried Smuggs, but I looked into it a number of times. My wife gave up skiing after we had kids and it's a shame because she was a really good skiier.

Smuggs has done a really good job beefing up their non-skiing/riding activities. They've got lots of snowshoeing tours and hikes - including ones that venture into the Notch itself. Plus lots of crosscountry trails.

Plus other indoor activities for those who don't like being out in the cold....painting classes and such and listings of events going on in town.

My husband constantly hears from other dads at Smuggs who are envious that I like to ski as their wives hate being out in the cold. But there is enough for the wives to do that they continue to come to Smuggs.

I talked to one husband who's wife is just happy being at the resort and having the condo all to herself so she can relax and chill out while the rest of the family is on the slopes.

And the great thing about Smuggs is that all the lodging is ski in/out. I'd say the majority of people ski a couple of runs then head back to their condo. I've been in group lesson classes where everyone except me only skis during their lesson. :blink: