JF 2-8-08

bigdaddyk

They blew snow from the fan guns last night and everything was in really good shape. It was hard to tell that we had wash outs. Even the trails that didn't have snow blown on them looked like they weren't rained on. The grooming was excellent. The trials of the day were the left side of Thunderbolt and the right side of Challenge. JF never ceases to amaze me on how well they hold out through rain and warmth. Its as though everything gets tarped.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Just returned and you nailed it...The snow was incredibly good given all of the rain. I know I said I would try to be there early but I didn't get there until around noon and found a pretty crowded parking lot. I took one run and met up with Rideordie7 who I had the pleasure of taking a number of runs with and watching him kill it in the park.

Everything has decent coverage right now and the snow is a polar opposite from what we experienced on Wednesday. There is even still some snow in the trees to the right of Challenge and One Park which was fun. They're talking about some snow over the weekend and early next week so things are looking up. Once again props to JF for great conditions today.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

I took one run and met up with Rideordie7 who I had the pleasure of taking a number of runs with and watching him kill it in the park.

If you mean killin it, as in almost killin myself, your right on. Haha. Good ridin with ya!!

The conditions were top notch today. But I did have some issues with One Park. The 1st and 2nd jumps' flats need have a little less of a lip before the landing.

I was up there last Saturday and Sunday and know what you mean about the jumps. I noticed it on the first one , no one was really hitting it b/c of it, we were pretty much using it as a starting point for the last two jumps which were nice last weekend. I liked One park but it could use a few more things in it. A couple nice flat rails would be nice, other than those wide rails they have out now. The could also use a couple more boxes of different varieties, they pretty much have nothing going on at the beginning of the park. That would be a nice spot for some rail and box setups where you could choose a couple different lines, kind of like what Blue has setup at the beginning of their park now. I know BB is the place to go for the park and where they focus most of their attention, but they could add a couple of things to One park and make it a lot better.