volkl bridge skis

phillycore

We are coming to that time of year where the ski shops start discounting equipment......

I'm looking to get a deal on a pair of volkl bridge skis in a 185

or a pair of k2 seth's in a 189 =)

The best I've seen so far is $499 ($50 shipping)

If you see a deal post it please...

We are coming to that time of year where the ski shops start discounting equipment......

I'm looking to get a deal on a pair of volkl bridge skis in a 185

or a pair of k2 seth's in a 189 =)

The best I've seen so far is $499 ($50 shipping)

If you see a deal post it please...

Definitely wait a little longer and get the bridges. I have the walls and their the best all mountain ski I ever rode. They are so stable at high speeds, and when the snow is soft, and on landings for jumps they are perfect. Im sure the bridge will be just a little stiffter and they are i think 5mm wider.

Put a nice binding on them and you will love them. I made that mistake with my walls. I have salomon z10s on their and I demolished them.

I am seeing and hearing some issues with bindings ripping out of the walls and bridge. I saw the Volkl rep rather befuddled with Walter Woods when his toe piece ripped out in the pipe at copper last week. I don't think you have to worry about anything unless you are boosting out of the pipe 10 foot or hucking yourself over 50 footers, but I thought I would mention that there apparently is some issue with a manufacturing problem.

I ride the karmas and I am thrilled with them and the overall concensus of the wall and bridges is that it is and excellent stiff ski. wait till late spring to buy for next year.

I am seeing and hearing some issues with bindings ripping out of the walls and bridge. I saw the Volkl rep rather befuddled with Walter Woods when his toe piece ripped out in the pipe at copper last week. I don't think you have to worry about anything unless you are boosting out of the pipe 10 foot or hucking yourself over 50 footers, but I thought I would mention that there apparently is some issue with a manufacturing problem.

I ride the karmas and I am thrilled with them and the overall concensus of the wall and bridges is that it is and excellent stiff ski. wait till late spring to buy for next year.

Hmmm my toe pieces seem to be locked in there pretty tight. It's just my heel pieces that I've always had a problem with. Do you think they will have a recall on them or no?

Hmmm my toe pieces seem to be locked in there pretty tight. It's just my heel pieces that I've always had a problem with. Do you think they will have a recall on them or no?

this is preliminary heresay about a manufacturing run defect, if your serial number is affected, Volkl will replace. They are very stand up like that. right now there is a high incidence comparitively to their other park skis, it seems that it is only happening with really big jumps and pipe skiing.

BTW - I watched intently at the USFO a lot of people were trashing their brand new skis with ripping bindings out.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

The Bridge is the way to go! I opted early season to get the wall and granted it's one of the best park skis ever made the bridge may be even better. If you are only riding park then the Wall is great but as for all mountain and some park the bridge is definetly the answer!

I haven't heard anything about the binding issues. I have z12's on both my Bridge and my Wall and have them cranked up to 10. I've done a lot of urban on the walls and Swain has a nice 75 footer up and haven't had any trouble... If you're blowing apart z10's I'd look into an STH for next year or even the Marker Griffon.

The Griffon will be just like the Jester but have a din up to 12 and will sell for about what the Z12 does.

Oh and by the way I have a pair of Walls that I skied 5 runs on.

They are a 169 and just a too damn short for me! They have White Z12's on them. anyone interested?

The Bridge is the way to go! I opted early season to get the wall and granted it's one of the best park skis ever made the bridge may be even better. If you are only riding park then the Wall is great but as for all mountain and some park the bridge is definetly the answer!

I haven't heard anything about the binding issues. I have z12's on both my Bridge and my Wall and have them cranked up to 10. I've done a lot of urban on the walls and Swain has a nice 75 footer up and haven't had any trouble... If you're blowing apart z10's I'd look into an STH for next year or even the Marker Griffon.

The Griffon will be just like the Jester but have a din up to 12 and will sell for about what the Z12 does.

Oh and by the way I have a pair of Walls that I skied 5 runs on.

They are a 169 and just a too damn short for me! They have White Z12's on them. anyone interested?

Ya im going to be looking into the 4frnt bindings and the marker jesters for next year. I ended up putting my old s810's on there. Only thing I don't like is I had to mount the lifters with them cause I didn't have shorter screws, nor did the shop. The Lifters aren't as bad as I thought they would be, but they take some getting use to. The s810's are definitely a more solid binding then the z10's tho.

The Jesters are great! But who really needs a DIN of 16? I skied the new Griffon last week at Stratton and it was awesome and definetley the way to go. All the features of the Jester but with a DIN of 12. And it's not $300! It's also lighter than the Jester which is always nice.

The Jesters are great! But who really needs a DIN of 16? I skied the new Griffon last week at Stratton and it was awesome and definetley the way to go. All the features of the Jester but with a DIN of 12. And it's not $300! It's also lighter than the Jester which is always nice.
I'll look into thos for next year too.

Ya thats why I didn't get them this year. I heard about the newer model coming out through Cliff and decided I might as well just wait. It still looks plenty burly as the plastic they use seems like it can take some real good hits. Everyone I know who has convinced themselves that they need race level equipment yet barely cross train has ended up with busted knees or worse. Wish I coulda made it to Stratton but I had a nice few days in Utah.