Blue two niner oh ate

mbike-ski

I arrived at Blue at 7:04am (left the wawa gas station at 5:37am) Booted up, and waited for the ticket line to open. (I was first in line)

The lady at the desk knocked the pull down shade off the window and then messed around with that and everyone behind me in line was now getting their tix and making their way to the slopes. I was still standing there waiting for dum dum to get her act together. Then Deborah or some shit told me I couldn't use my blizzard card for a morning pass even though I'm there like every damn weekend and use it. She's like well I'm the manger here and I've never let you use it like that. I said look lady, I'm not arguing over 6 damn dollars... give me the day pass then. She then fuddled with the machine, and then another machine, and then walked away... I was gettin pissed now... I got my pass and hurried to the liftline so I didn't miss the precious minutes of fresh cord. I got up the challenge express and saw Doug and M Bike Mike starting to make their way down challenge. I hurried and straightlines challenge behind them trying to catch them even though I knew it probably wasn't going to happen. Next trip up I was now 8 chairs behind... another trip down fresh corded challenge with lots of divots at the top... another straightline down challenge... 6 chairs back (gaining...lol) Straightlines razors... and ended up like 2 chairs ahead of them...I was like WTF? Then met them at the top and Doug said they went down switchback which explained how I caught up to them.. We then went down challenge along with Gah Skier George and Mike... met up with Justin at the lift but he was skiing park.. The four of us make a few runs, bs'd on the 6 pack and conditions were deteriorating fast with deep piles of sugar, as the snow fell down hard (although it was a fine mist type snow.). George bolted out, then a few runs later Mike bolted... Doug and I were waiting in the liftline (ok for like 1 chair) and some Race instructor was desperate to squeezy by me in the corral... bashing across the tops of my skis and all that... So We moved up to the next chair and I was like... Typical Blue Mtn. Race Team Ass Clown then knocked the bar down on his head (by accident....although I couildn't help but thing that it was total karma for the guy) It was funny.. The race team was buzzing down razors like a bunch of gnats all over the place. (at least they weren't bothering Justin and co. in the park) We made our way to Burma and got yelled at for skiing too fast even though there was no way anyone was skiing fast on that snow... Another lift another adventure when three people tried to get on a two person chairlift... "Can I ride with them" the guy asked... I was thinking uh no dude what you want someone on your lap? That was liftride #15 and Doug was OUT for his date.. I was insistant on getting my 25 runs in and lapped challenge and razors for a while... then made my way over to paradise and lazy mile, then switchback (total mess that was... boot high piles of sugar with ice patches) Razors and challenge actually got better after Doug left... the snow got wet and the piles got flattened out.. Those runs were actually pretty nice right before I left. I saw Justin and a bunch of jibhonks at the lift... I said hi to him but he either ignored me or didn't hear me... Finished my 25 runs and I wanted one more... Snow was changing over to a sleety, rain at this point and everything under the 6 pack was covered... foggy as all hell and couldn't see 5 feet in front of you at the top. Made one last run down Razors and bolted for the day. My legs were starting to burn from all the sugar piles everywhere and I figured it was better to just call it a day as I was wet, it was foggy, and I was getting bored skiing by myself. I stopped by Taco Bell for some .99 gordita's and a mtn dew on the way home (even though it was on the wrong side of the road... I was jonesin for some taco bell!!) No rain, or snow at all at my house... ground not even wet.. Well that's all I guess... Wifey's gettin annoyed that I'm sitting here in my ski pants typin on the puter after I just skied all am...lol I guess it's time to get offline and "do something" as she calls it.. Maybe I can get her to swing by the ski bum so I can check out the mid-winter sale... Yeah that ain't happenin...

Skiing with the PASR crew at blue makes it so hard for me to pull the trigger on the JFBB pass..... I just have so much fun hangin with you guys and I'm not sure that saving money is going to make me happier than hangin with the crew... Hard choice for sure... wish I lived closer so it was easier for me....lol

We got up on the hill at about 8, we took some time in the parking lot because I had to switch bindings since I had my free ride bindings on my park board after decimating my park bindings last weekend (and Burtons still hasn't gotten me parts yet, 48 hour turnaround on warranty parts my ass). It was the gf's first day on her new board so we started on paradise off the quad, then challenge, and then went across and did every trail after. Took a quick break so I could switch my bindings back to my park board, and we hit Sidewinder about 5 times, and then I just rode my park board for a few more runs. I don't know how many we did but I would get 25 or 30, we weren't charing too hard the sugar slowed you down a lot, lots of random bumps and it was pretty flat light with the fog. It was bumpy but I didn't mind too much, I'd take that over ice. It was better than yesterday's slush too. I think its from snow they made last night, and I'd rather have them making snow than not have enough snow, so I'll take it. The park was fun as hell, they switched some stuff up. I miss the his/hers ramps on the jumps, and they shrunk the jump after the wallride a huge amount. I'm glad they took out the hip and moved the staircase though, the staircase is in a much better position. Everytime I ride Blue's park I come away thinking each feature is not the best it could be, they don't have as many options as some other places, but it is so much damn fun. Nothing is too big, everything is smooth and easy and flows well, especially on a day as empty as today I just feel really comfortable in it, I feel like if I spent a lot of time there I would learn a lot of new tricks, rather than when I got Creek or Boulder I'm just trying to survive these giant ass jumps and rails, or the shit is so small that it doesn't teach you anything, Blue is that happy medium it is great.

We had a blast except for two little incidents, first a ski patroller stopped me for going too fast on Lazy Mile but he wasn't rude and I wasn't rude so whatever, I get that some people buzz skiers but I was just going my normal cruizing speed, which is quick but it isn't anywhere close to what I ride when I am going fast. Actually I had said something to my girlfriend on the lift ride up about 2 runs before when we saw a ski patroller talking to a guy about how they "pull you over" here and at Camelback, and we laughed about it, and then soon after I got pulled over. And then at the end of the day we where going through the park and some kid with headphones ran over my girlfriends board as we where waiting to drop so I caught up with him and told him to watch where he was going because he had just hit someone and so then he gives me the "i don't care" crap and starts trying to act tough which was pretty halarious, mind you this kid is like 16 and has a pre-pubescant moustache with typical baggy neon clothes. I refused to get into it with him we where standing in front of the 6 pack and he and his crew where yelling at me like "faggot your so gay" and I'm thinking wait I'm riding with my girlfriend and the 6 of you guys are having a suasage fest and I'm gay? He looked like a jackass to everyone, my girlfriend wasn't too happy about the whole incident it kind of put a bad note on the end of her day, the board is gorgoues and luckily there isn't really a scratch in it but it just sucks that people don't care, the thing is going to last like 2 or 3 seasons it would be nice not to get it scratched on day one. Where is the damn ski patrol when you need it? Clip that guys ticket instead of telling me to slow down when I've never hit anyone in my life, and if I did I certaintly wouldn't be yelling at the guy.

I'm disappointed I couldn't find Doug or anyone, but you guys didn't give me a description so I didn't know what to look for. I was looking for a guy ripping challenge on Scratches but I couldn't see anyone so I didn't know. I was going to play the name game all day to find you but I didn't want to yell on such a serene day with the way the snow was falling, you can't break that nice quietness.

Shut up...you don't even ski anymore...

What's with race coaches that don't wear helmets???? I'm obviously back from my date now..It was a good date but she had dinner plans with a friend so she had to cut it short. I hope the extra moisture added to the sugar will freeze up and groom well for tomorrow morning. Phillycore we want you to stay a Blue regular. It's closer than JF/BB and has runs that are double as long and lifts that are double is fast..plus lots of cool PASRs to ski with.Method sorry we missed you...in all seriousness I wasn't looking for you and we just ski run after run after run and don't stop. Lazy Mile is not a slow skiing trail and you can ski as fast as you want on that trail..Mark Miller said it's O.K. to ski till your hair burns on Fire..as long as it's not on Paradise or Burma. I was pretty much off Challenge by about 8:15AM when it was beat...for me at least..today was some of the worst conditions of the season. They really need to blow some new snow...to cover the sugar..

Its cool next time you just need to tell me what your going to look like, we spent some time making adjustments at the base of the 6pack on my bindings I'm sure at some point you passed during that period.

I was so suprised when he came over to talk to me cuz it was Lazy Mile. I said I was in control and it wasn't a green, and he said that a blue square was still beginner terrain. It was weird, I think he thought I was out of control but I was just messing around slashing snow around since it was making a good spray with all the sugar.

If any day ever called for mid day grooming, today was it. The difference between 8 and 10 was huge, the difference between 10 and 1 was the difference between fun and unskiable (at least at a speed I would like, and going slow is so much more effort)

my average has been going down the past two weeks though....DOH!! Today was conditions and last week was skiing with my gaper buddy who couldn't hang. I know I'll have a boatload of runs coming up on Feb 29th cause my son might snowplow the hell out of the hill all day, but damn if he won't ski every second he possibly can until they kick him out. (except for his mcnugget breaks... I like mcnuggets ya'll!!!) lol

Next weekend is gaper presidents weekend so might be tough to get a lot of runs in.. and the 24th I'll be there with someone from the stang club, and don't know his ability... you can bet I'm not leaving before 25 runs though... (25 avg is my goal... unless I get out west which would kill that average due to the fact that one run from top bottom takes like an hour not that I'd mind killing the avg for that though...haha)

We are bailing this weekend. Too much time in the car and cash for a few shitty runs. Oh well.

for me at least..today was some of the worst conditions of the season.

The quote that sealed the deal. Damn it!!!!! I want to ski soooo bad.

and he said that a blue square was still beginner terrain.

I though it was intermediate.

Edited by sexkitten

Not for Bob and Sexkitten..they look for any excuse not to go skiing.. :P

Uh.... excuse me "season pass" but I do believe that you said in today's TR that this yesterday and today were some of the worst conditions of the season and that you didn't' stay long. I really do love skiing but I'm not driving an hour plus each way and spending $80.00 for 8 crappy runs.

It was some of the worst conditions of the season but you said you were Jonzing to ski. You should call in sick Tuesday or Wednesday when conditions are primo and there's nobody there..I might also have to play hooky as well if Bob stays home... :wub::wub:

I'm totally in for some skiing hooky with you!!! Ok... I kinda can't cause we are hosting a big seminar Wednesday but I am off Friday. I was actually thinking about a BC night trip Friday night and a Blue trip Saturday.

I'm totally in for some skiing hooky with you!!! Ok... I kinda can't cause we are hosting a big seminar Wednesday but I am off Friday. I was actually thinking about a BC night trip Friday night and a Blue trip Saturday.

I have a student teacher and am going to take advantage of calling out and not having to leave any sub plans.

I dunno I spent $90 or whatever it was for us to ski on saturday and it was entirely worth it, conditions weren't great but I wouldn't say they where the worst of the year, the last day I went to blue was much worse this year. It was bumpy but I still had good time. There was only one day this year where I said it wasn't worth it after I went and that was because it was hailing, every other day has been entirely worth it.