TR JF 2-11-08 w. photos

RidgeRacer

Just got back from another excellent day at Jackson Frost :D. The theme for today was packed powder and cold smoke. It was around 8 degress when I got there. There was no wind and a bluebird sky. The snow was a perfect packed powder corduroy. Everything is in excellent condition. I made my usual laps on East. River Shot had a nice layer of man made snow on top that was like butter. Floyds was a carver's dream easily some of the best runs I've taken on that trail all year.

Floyds2-11-08.jpg

I then went over to Challenge / glade. There is decent coverage but the second headwall is still lookin' a little rough. It's best to enter it down below to the right of Challenge through the trees and down to the East Mt. lift. The snow at the bottom of the glade to the lift was like silk.

ChallengeTrees2-11-08.jpg

Top Part of the glade

Took a break to warm up, got cheese fries...(just another reason to love JF by the way...they don't charge for the cheese). Then it was out to the One park glade which I did a few times. Then back over to East where I hit Floyd's and River Shot a few more times. But this time I stopped on River Shot and beared right on the final head wall into the Elevator which was really fun (I think thats part of the Elevator). I did that a few times and called it a day. Today was easily one of the top three of the season. I can't wait to get back tomorrow.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer