TR part 2 (Sno 2-12-08)

bigdaddyk

Continued from: http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry184611

After leaving JF, I hit the turnpike and went to Sno. I solved my great debate about the temp difference. It was 3 degrees warmer at Sno (19). It was also windy and snowing. They were blowing a lot of snow and there was deep man made powder all over. The only down side to this was it kind of killed the thrill of the natural snow. I ended up getting in 8 runs before leaving. I figured that 50 total runs in one day was more than enough...my legs were starting to plead with me.

Edited by bigdaddyk

It was also windy

I wonder how much of a difference it would make in the wind if Sno actually had some trees. :P

I've always been envious of Elk when they planted all those evergreens years and years ago. It really made their trails feel like.. trails. Riding at Sno can feel way too open, and it seems like their not done cutting more down.

Your right though, Almost all the trails at Sno suck when it comes to wind, I think Rattaler is the only one that does not get windy ;) The Terrain Park is the worst! haha Not sure what you can do about that though...

Mike, the top of the Phoebe is windy as hell when you get off---the parking lot is probably the windiest place on the mountain---, but what NF slope gets wind? IDK, but if wind is so horrible at our tiny elevations anywhere in PA, we sound pretty wimpy to all those people skiing wide open bowls at 9000' out west. Just MO.

I solved my great debate about the temp difference. It was 3 degrees warmer at Sno (19). It was also windy and snowing.

Wind removes radiational cooling. It's usually warmer when it's windy, although when snow first starts it can drop temps slightly.