2/17 - 2/18 TR

Tyler

absolutely fantastic day at jack frost and big boulder. k2rider and I didnt leave until 9:45 because we planned to go to sno for the $10 lift ticket deal. luckily i called beforehand and it wasnt good for presidents weekend, what a lucky break. anyway we decided to use some free ticketes for jfbb.

we got to boulder at 11:15, got out tickets from megan and then headed over to JF. started riding around 11:30. we headed straight over to east mountain and lapped some of the steeps and glades for 10 or so runs. then we headed over to one park which was surprising fun. it actually had good flow. we hit that about 6 times then decided it was time for boulder. the snow at JF was really good besides a couple scraped off spots and the crowds were smaller than oi expected. we hit mike and matts, wawa on our way over to boulder.

once we got to boulder around 3ish we headed straight for freedom. i can't say enough good things about that park. the setup is sooo solid yet so simple. it was the most fun ive had in a while. no circus rails, nothing extremely hard, just stuff that was simple, fun to throw down on, and well maintained. it has a great combination of flat boxes, rails, urban setups, everything. we spent the vast majority of our time on that park. boiulder park is sooo sick. the jumps are perfect. they were really easy to hit and i felt really comfortable. i was spinning them by my third run. boulder really knows how to build great jumps, that line has amazing flow. didnt have any problems with them until my last run, i came off the first one and went into the second. needless to say with all the rain the snow was really fast. lets just say i had WAYY to much speed. i turned a 60 footer into roughly 85. i missed landing completely flat by about 5 feet. anyway i somehow still had all my body parts and looking back it was pretty sweet to fly that high and far. ...all good fun.

anyway, we left boulder around 12:45 am. It had been raining since 3 and we were soaked but didnt care. the rain kept the snow soft and fast and the crowds light. boulders parks are money and its amazing how much snow they have, the boulder park jumps require a huge amount of snow. oh and it didnt hit me at the time but i definetly ran into librider in the plaza and i thought another kid was xnick11. such a looonnng and fun day. oh and thanks again to megan for the tickets, make sure you come up to bear again soon.

why did you go the long way around to BB instead of cutting through split rock? it probably saves about 5-10 minutes.

I hate having to pay that quarter each way :banghead I think JFBB should set up something with Split Rock so that pass holders dont have to pay those quarters every day. 50 cents a day adds up through the course of the season.

Sweet TR by the way Oakley. I was wondering how it went with all of the rain. Sounds like a great time.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

... didnt have any problems with them until my last run, i came off the first one and went into the second. needless to say with all the rain the snow was really fast. lets just say i had WAYY to much speed. i turned a 60 footer into roughly 85. i missed landing completely flat by about 5 feet. anyway i somehow still had all my body parts and looking back it was pretty sweet to fly that high and far. ...all good fun.

anyway, we left boulder around 12:45 am. It had been raining since 3 and we were soaked but didnt care. the rain kept the snow soft and fast and the crowds light. boulders parks are money and its amazing how much snow they have, the boulder park jumps require a huge amount of snow. oh and it didnt hit me at the time but i definetly ran into librider in the plaza and i thought another kid was xnick11. such a looonnng and fun day. oh and thanks again to megan for the tickets, make sure you come up to bear again soon.

Haha and you said MY estimates were off? 85 feet MY ASS. They definitley made all the lips more huge so that they pop you up ridiculously high. I know Jesse was having trouble figuring out where to drop from on his Seths on Sunday.. overshot the first jump once (then knuckled it the next run) and knuckled the last jump and broke his binding..needless to say we left after that. Which is why we didn't run into you guys at all haha. Hopefully Bear makes it through this crazy ass weather and we'll head down there sometime soon though. I owed you guys tickets haha, so no problem. Glad you had a good time.

I hate having to pay that quarter each way :banghead I think JFBB should set up something with Split Rock so that pass holders dont have to pay those quarters every day. 50 cents a day adds up through the course of the season.

Sweet TR by the way Oakley. I was wondering how it went with all of the rain. Sounds like a great time.

Climbing the hill on 940 burns $1 of gas.

absolutely fantastic day at jack frost and big boulder. k2rider and I didnt leave until 9:45 because we planned to go to sno for the $10 lift ticket deal. luckily i called beforehand and it wasnt good for presidents weekend, what a lucky break. anyway we decided to use some free ticketes for jfbb.

we got to boulder at 11:15, got out tickets from megan and then headed over to JF. started riding around 11:30. we headed straight over to east mountain and lapped some of the steeps and glades for 10 or so runs. then we headed over to one park which was surprising fun. it actually had good flow. we hit that about 6 times then decided it was time for boulder. the snow at JF was really good besides a couple scraped off spots and the crowds were smaller than oi expected. we hit mike and matts, wawa on our way over to boulder.

once we got to boulder around 3ish we headed straight for freedom. i can't say enough good things about that park. the setup is sooo solid yet so simple. it was the most fun ive had in a while. no circus rails, nothing extremely hard, just stuff that was simple, fun to throw down on, and well maintained. it has a great combination of flat boxes, rails, urban setups, everything. we spent the vast majority of our time on that park. boiulder park is sooo sick. the jumps are perfect. they were really easy to hit and i felt really comfortable. i was spinning them by my third run. boulder really knows how to build great jumps, that line has amazing flow. didnt have any problems with them until my last run, i came off the first one and went into the second. needless to say with all the rain the snow was really fast. lets just say i had WAYY to much speed. i turned a 60 footer into roughly 85. i missed landing completely flat by about 5 feet. anyway i somehow still had all my body parts and looking back it was pretty sweet to fly that high and far. ...all good fun.

Eddie Wall Sr. was there on Saturday sessioning freedom for awhile. Hes definately good for being in his 50s.

Haha and you said MY estimates were off? 85 feet MY ASS. They definitley made all the lips more huge so that they pop you up ridiculously high. I know Jesse was having trouble figuring out where to drop from on his Seths on Sunday.. overshot the first jump once (then knuckled it the next run) and knuckled the last jump and broke his binding..needless to say we left after that. Which is why we didn't run into you guys at all haha. Hopefully Bear makes it through this crazy ass weather and we'll head down there sometime soon though. I owed you guys tickets haha, so no problem. Glad you had a good time.

$10 meg? ask travis how far i flew...i saw my legs breaking as i saw the landing still 15 feet under me

cool tr oakley21. why did you go the long way around to BB instead of cutting through split rock? it probably saves about 5-10 minutes.

we wanted to stop at mike n matts

$10 meg? ask travis how far i flew...i saw my legs breaking as i saw the landing still 15 feet under me

That's so not fair he's biased. But no way in hell that second jump is 60 feet. And no way in hell you flew 85 hahaha. It's the thought that counts though.

Hope your moccasins didn't get TOO wet out there.