Photographer for sno mtn

sjb269

Does anyone know the name or email address of the lady who films for sno mtn?? She was shooting in the 22' half pipe opening day. I wanted to see if she had any decent shots from that day!!

Any info would be great!

If nobody does, call the mountain 1800 GOT SNOW.

I saw lots of high school wrestling and swimming in Sunday's paper. A team picture of the 1965 West Scranton High School basketball team. A full page dedicated to a minor league hockey team. And of a mention of anything having to do with snow. Newspaper sports editors are pathetic.

I saw lots of high school wrestling and swimming in Sunday's paper. A team picture of the 1965 West Scranton High School basketball team. A full page dedicated to a minor league hockey team. And of a mention of anything having to do with snow. Newspaper sports editors are pathetic.

I have a newspaper clipping on the Keystone State Games from a long long time ago. They did a story on my family... how we cleaned house that year with my dad getting bronze in his age category, me silver in mine, and my mom gold in hers. I doubt we'll ever see something like that make it into the paper again. <_<

I thought the SAME THING! Who CARES about h.s. sports? I mean, I know they are important to a local paper, but come on, they should have def. covered the Rev. tour--I think people would be really interested to hear what is going on at the mountain!

I thought about writing a letter to the editor about this, but honestly, I'm too busy with moving and all. The Times-Tribune leaves a lot to be desired. Last week they had an EDITORIAL about the crack cocaine sentencing disparity that was flat wrong, like, the entire thing was wrong.

People are so into High School sports here in Pennsylvania. Random drunks at the bar who finished high school 30 years ago, go to the local Basketball and Football games..and even watch High School sports on TV. These people don't care about random wealthy snowboard kids travelling around the country competing in halfpipe competitions. Also, it's Scranton..you can't expect the NY Times..most of the articles in the Allentown Morning Call relating to skiing are about ski thefts at Blue mountain...but I can have hope that one day they'll do a feature story on me or an equally cool skier who is out shredding the gnar on a daily basis... :D

Yeah, true, I guess I am kind of over Scranton now. Can't wait to move back to Virginia... just 18 more months...

Doug, Virginia has lift served grass skiing!!!

grassskiryan3.jpg

People are so into High School sports here in Pennsylvania. Random drunks at the bar who finished high school 30 years ago, go to the local Basketball and Football games..and even watch High School sports on TV. These people don't care about random wealthy snowboard kids travelling around the country competing in halfpipe competitions. Also, it's Scranton..you can't expect the NY Times..most of the articles in the Allentown Morning Call relating to skiing are about ski thefts at Blue mountain...but I can have hope that one day they'll do a feature story on me or an equally cool skier who is out shredding the gnar on a daily basis... :D

100% correct. I live it almost daily :banghead

I have a newspaper clipping on the Keystone State Games from a long long time ago. They did a story on my family... how we cleaned house that year with my dad getting bronze in his age category, me silver in mine, and my mom gold in hers. I doubt we'll ever see something like that make it into the paper again. <_<

Ha, that sounds like a great weekend. My wife won't race until I find her a Slovenian speed suit circa the 1998 Olympics in Nagano...it was tie dye.

Haha, holy shit.. look at those things.

You've never grass skied, Brian? I have five or six sets...we had a PASR day at our community ski hill a few years ago. Even ThinkSnow made the trip :o Doug came up (2 yrs ago?), but he wasn't a big fan. Just hit me up for an invite this summer.

You've never grass skied, Brian? I have five or six sets...we had a PASR day at our community ski hill a few years ago. Even ThinkSnow made the trip :o Doug came up (2 yrs ago?), but he wasn't a big fan. Just hit me up for an invite this summer.

5 or 6 sets? Man.. you probably set up gates and wax those up too! :lol:

5 or 6 sets? Man.. you probably set up gates and wax those up too! :lol:

Since the brand I buy was discontinued around 1980, I was buying all I could for spare parts. I took last year off because I dislocated two shoulders in the prior two years---I got sick of spending every spring hurt. As soon as Ty is in boots big enough to fit them, I'm def setting gates, though.

No luck so far for the PASR day, Poc...they were deleted from PASR storage.

The thing I didn't like about grass skis is they're so short and hurky jerky..not like gliding on snow..plus there are various rabbit holes and stuff you have to watch out for. I might buy a pair of rollerblades for the summer though..I always enjoyed rollerblading down hills with no stop signs at the bottom..probably the closest thing to downhill skiing I can think of..

I went grass skiing at Skis resort community hill in May of 2006 and I haven't been on grass since...lol

It does get better, Doug. Remember the first time you went skiing or tried to take blue jeans off a girl?

Totally I had the book taking off Blue Jeans for Dummies..but I still had trouble because she had Tourettes.. :o

I'm seriously going to hell..at least that's what my agnostic dog tells me..

It's not always a deal breaker, is it?

deuce_l.jpg