The Moose

Ratboy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ... Let me start of by saying that I like Sno Mountain. I just find the mascot to be "creepy". Am I the only one put off by the moose?

The moose is "okay." I have nothing against moose, however, it really isn't representative of wildlife in PA. Also, the moose mascot conflicts with the move toward "snake" oriented trail names. Regardless, I guess a mascot is good for branding purposes.

The moose is "okay." I have nothing against moose, however, it really isn't representative of wildlife in PA. Also, the moose mascot conflicts with the move toward "snake" oriented trail names. Regardless, I guess a mascot is good for branding purposes.

Perhaps they should have called it something like "Copperhead Mountain" or "Diamondback Mountain" ...

I wonder why they chose the moose?

Perhaps they should have called it something like "Copperhead Mountain" or "Diamondback Mountain" ...

I wonder why they chose the moose?

They commissioned a focus group study, is what they said at a public meeting prior to the sale. I'm curious what the choices were.

Hah !!! Prom date in Noxen !

I had to Google Noxen:

Noxen, Pennsylvania

Noxen, Pennsylvania is a scenic small town which offers historic charm, rural beauty, and the famous rattlesnake roundup every summer!

www.noxenpa.com/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

With a rattlesnake roundup every summer, it can't be that bad.

I had to Google Noxen:

Noxen, Pennsylvania

Noxen, Pennsylvania is a scenic small town which offers historic charm, rural beauty, and the famous rattlesnake roundup every summer!

www.noxenpa.com/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

With a rattlesnake roundup every summer, it can't be that bad.

Also the butt of many "Deliverance" type jokes ...

The moose is no creepier than their other mascot, ski.

We'll keep this fun and light, KyleA, okay? Lib's had a tough night. Your punctuation is problematic. I'm sure your college English prof could suggest a fix...like using a colon, instead of a comma. Your joke would work with a colon, but as it is, it has a reader wondering why you're talking to me.

It would have been funny, though. Not super funny, but a little funny.

And it wouldn't have been an extremely mean joke. Edgy, but not mean. I'd like to be their mascot. I'd have a cape and poke mean people's eyes out with my ski pole.

So I'm not offended, KyleA. Not in the least. It was a good try.

I voted for the sheep and trojan duo. They said no.

mascot-match-up.jpg

Where did you find this pic? It is hilarious! :rofl There are so many jokes here, i wouldnt' know where to begin.

No way this is real...please tell me it is photo-shop or something.

Edited by mystical1

Ok ... Let me start of by saying that I like Sno Mountain. I just find the mascot to be "creepy". Am I the only one put off by the moose?

based on reports, I would say that the website quality is in porportion to the rest of the operation, especially the parks... at least that is the feeling I get.

It feels amatuerish.

snoweb3.jpg

based on reports, I would say that the website quality is in porportion to the rest of the operation, especially the parks... at least that is the feeling I get.

It feels amatuerish.

snoweb3.jpg

Hay papa,

I know you like bashing , But I would leave operations alone. I really dont think you know anything about operations at Sno. You like arguements on here and it isnt productive towards anything. Thank you for your time.

Edited by liftguy