3/2 pictures

snoskier

Started out with some fresh cord of fast track.

IMGP0941.jpg

Rev Tour pics:

Starting gate

IMGP0942.jpg

Looking down from near the gate

IMGP0943.jpg

Starting area:

IMGP0945.jpg

As you can see there a couple features up top then a jump. You can see the two features and then jump in this picture.

IMGP0949.jpg

This was either a 7 or 9 i think ...

IMGP0950.jpg

These are the features after the jump either a down rail, rainbow or flat

IMGP0951.jpg

I somehow didnt manage to get the next features down which were an A-frame and the stairs. The last thing was a hip on the pipe.

SBX course -- this thing was crazy. The competition was friday and these were taken on sunday.

This was the top of the course you can kinda make out the starting gate then nice drop that was dropped off to the public.

IMGP0973.jpg

IMGP0954.jpg

IMGP0952.jpg

IMGP0953.jpg

IMGP0956.jpg

This was from the chair and in the pictures above I was probably standing across from the snow gun... (to give some perspective)

IMGP0972.jpg

Middle of the course (there were a ton of rollers and a couple big features)

IMGP0971.jpg

IMGP0970.jpg

IMGP0969.jpg

IMGP0968.jpg

The lower middle ... (the course still dog legs here and there is more to the right including a couple of jumps (I nearly died on one)

IMGP0964.jpg

IMGP0965.jpg

This is looking back towards the end of the course... it ran out until the connection with iron - horse

IMGP0966.jpg

IMGP0967.jpg

Those are most of the interesting pics. I hope you enjoyed.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pics, thanks man.

And now I don't care what anyone says, that IS a shitty jump, at least a small one for a competition. If that guy is what 5 foot tall in a grab that makes the jump about 25 feet high? Even if he is 6 does it make the landing 30? 40 tops? Not exactly a big sweet spot.

Nice pics, thanks man.

And now I don't care what anyone says, that IS a shitty jump, at least a small one for a competition. If that guy is what 5 foot tall in a grab that makes the jump about 25 feet high? Even if he is 6 does it make the landing 30? 40 tops? Not exactly a big sweet spot.

I heard something similar from a competitor riding up the lift. The jump is a lot of fun but it was a little small for competitions. I guess that is something to build on for next year.

Well its a table top jump, it is unreasonable to expect to be able to build a competition jump up to the size needed as a table, that just uses an insane amount of snow. If you are going to do it that way at least make it a step up jump with a gap, then basically you build a table and a ramp before it so it has a reasonable amount of air time. That just takes a bit more snow and cat time which they where probably rushed on.

The reason the jump is so small is because there were 15 year old girls in the Rev tour. In the contract it said all the features needed to be made so everyone can hit them. The jump was much much bigger but at the last second they had to make it about 20 feet shorter due to that reason.

:rock

It'll take a hit from this weather, though.

Yeah unfortunately..Maybe next season they will make a push to open one earlier in the season. It would be awesome to see a top to bottom run but, that'd take a whole lot of snow and effort. Not to mention how bad my legs would be burning from a run of that length. The course is some of the most fun i've had riding in a long time, i hope they bring it back bigger and better next year.

The reason the jump is so small is because there were 15 year old girls in the Rev tour. In the contract it said all the features needed to be made so everyone can hit them. The jump was much much bigger but at the last second they had to make it about 20 feet shorter due to that reason.

you don't really believe that do you? You aren't serious are you? If that is what they told you, then, they are worse off than I thought. Who determined that the jump size was the right size for every one to hit? :rolleyes:

That makes sense.

you don't really believe that do you? You aren't serious are you? If that is what they told you, then, they are worse off than I thought. Who determined that the jump size was the right size for every one to hit? :rolleyes:

The know-it-all has left his stain on yet another thread.

Then how is it a qualifer for the Grand Prix? I've never seen anything in a grand prix that looked easy thats for sure. That reminds me of the MTV Made show where they tried to turn the whiny 16 year old into a snowboarder and she "won" a comp by doing a 50-50 on a flat ride on rail and barely grabbing an indy on a 5 foot jump. If you can't hit stuff, don't enter a comp until you can. Shit I've never entered a comp because I can't do better than a 360 I didn't want to embarrass myself.

Then how is it a qualifer for the Grand Prix? I've never seen anything in a grand prix that looked easy thats for sure. That reminds me of the MTV Made show where they tried to turn the whiny 16 year old into a snowboarder and she "won" a comp by doing a 50-50 on a flat ride on rail and barely grabbing an indy on a 5 foot jump. If you can't hit stuff, don't enter a comp until you can. Shit I've never entered a comp because I can't do better than a 360 I didn't want to embarrass myself.

It was a USSA event so there are divisions for 15 year old girls. In the grand prix im pretty sure there are no 15 year old girls. The men who did win did get qualified for the Grand prix. It would be unfair to the women if there was a 45 foot booter that they couldn't hit. My boss and the planet snow people both told me that they needed to shorten the jump because THE USSA REP, The person who runs all those events and approves the courses said they needed to shorten it for the event. It was not sno mtns or Plant sno's call. They just did what they were asked to do.

Edited by librider

It was a USSA event so there are divisions for 15 year old girls. In the grand prix im pretty sure there are no 15 year old girls. The men who did win did get qualified for the Grand prix. It would be unfair to the women if there was a 45 foot booter that they couldn't hit. My boss and the planet snow people both told me that they needed to shorten the jump because THE USSA REP, The person who runs all those events and approves the courses said they needed to shorten it for the event. It was not sno mtns or Plant sno's call. They just did what they were asked to do.

Well thats not all that surprising considering we all know USSA is fucktarded and has been for a while, but its still lame.

makes perfect sense to me....thanks librider

R E S P E C T

ps...

why do some people get their kicks out of berating a mountain other than their own?

is it something like dick envy?

or is it like picking on the new kid in your school?

is it not a good thing that Sno Mountain is puting on such compititions?

is it not good for the overall sport of boarding/freesyle?

I understand loyalty for one's own mountain...it's yours so rightfuly you should be proud. rah-rah...we're number one!

but I believe a few posters got on the "hate Sno train" for no other reason than to create controversy and see their post totals increase...

is BB, ELK, BC etc have great parks? I believe they all do.

are some (Sno) new to the sport...therefore behind some areas and behind the learning curve? yes, I believe they may be.

think about it...this is only their second year and look at the difference the new owners have achieved already...is that not a good thing for us all?

to the die-hards out there...(and there are indeed some knowledgeable ones)...give input and guidence. Isn't that better for us all in the end?

finally....remember.....R E S P E C T

and sorry for the rant!

peace

makes perfect sense to me....thanks librider

R E S P E C T

ps...

why do some people get their kicks out of berating a mountain other than their own?

is it something like dick envy?

or is it like picking on the new kid in your school?

is it not a good thing that Sno Mountain is puting on such compititions?

is it not good for the overall sport of boarding/freesyle?

I understand loyalty for one's own mountain...it's yours so rightfuly you should be proud. rah-rah...we're number one!

but I believe a few posters got on the "hate Sno train" for no other reason than to create controversy and see their post totals increase...

is BB, ELK, BC etc have great parks? I believe they all do.

are some (Sno) new to the sport...therefore behind some areas and behind the learning curve? yes, I believe they may be.

think about it...this is only their second year and look at the difference the new owners have achieved already...is that not a good thing for us all?

to the die-hards out there...(and there are indeed some knowledgeable ones)...give input and guidence. Isn't that better for us all in the end?

finally....remember.....R E S P E C T

and sorry for the rant!

peace

You are wrong on several counts

1) I couldn't give a shit what my post count is, its more an indication at my own failings to get work done that I have this many posts

2) Its not about how good or bad the park IS. We're not hating on the park but the people/companies who CLAIM for it, you don't see me ripping on Shawnee? Or Elk? Or Hidden Valley? Or Belleayre? Or Hunter? Or Windham? Yet I know every single one of those mountains have worse parks than Sno. In fact Sno might beat Camelback and I don't berate Camelback that much (it is debatable, but whatever). The point is that none of those mountains CLAIMED to have a great park and what not, Camelback did that last year and we jumped on them then too.

3) Why do we care if they are claiming a good park? Because if they don't have criticism they won't improve. If we all sit here and say wow great job Sno this is perfect, will they do anything better next year? Where is the incentive? This is why you get grades in school, if they just gave everyone a pat on the back do you think kids would work harder? Plus we don't other people to waste their time & money at one mountain when they would be better off at another. All you have on here is creditability, if you burn that you have nothing.

4) What is so wrong with it? Do you really thing that the park is that good? Sure they put in a good effort and a lot of money but what are we going to hurt Sno's feelings? Come on get real its a corporation, not the new kid in school. We are hardly bullies to point the flaws in a place that is trying to get us to spend $70 a day to come visit. there are two ways Sno can take our criticism. They can scoff us (as Boulder did to me last year for my JibLab rant) and ignore it, or they can learn from it. Camelback obviously doesn't learn much from us, Bear Creek on the other hand definitely does. Ride Camelback and ride Bear Creek in the park and see who has the right strategy.

5) We rip on it because it is REDICULOUS. Sure they put up a pipe this weekend and its going to be open for 4 weeks or whatever, but honestly, they claimed "Best Park in PA" for about 2 years now and haven't shown jack shit for it. I don't think you would ever find someone worried that a competition was coming up at Boulder, do they have hard enough features? Mind you I was riding harder features on an open park last Saturday at Boulder than the kids competiting in what is supposedly "One of the biggest competitions on the east coast" at Sno. Oh yea and they where installing a giant concrete staircase at the time, downhill of the 3 biggest jumps PA has ever seen. It is just laughable. And go to Blue, there are 4 jumps in a row that are better than all the jumps Sno has scattered around the mountain. Or go to Mountain Creek, there are more innovative features on one trail than Sno has ever had. Its just laughable, in a makes you cry with frustration sort of way.

I sincerely wish Sno the best of luck and hope they can build the best parks on the east coast.

I have ZERO loyalty to ANY mountain.

As a matter of fact, I walked away from my season pass at Big Boulder in 2003 after riding Stratton and Mt. Snow in VT.

I tried Bear and Blue for a while for day trips,

but swore both off for VT as well.

If it wasn't for this site having a PASR day last season,

I would have never of gone back to Boulder and found out for myself that they had the best parks in PA....and possibly the east coast.

No one should be taking criticism of mountains personally.

Everyone should ride a few mountains and then go where they prefer IMHO.

But, by asking questions and listening to other members,

you can get an idea of what's happening all over without having to actually drive to every mountain.

If I didn't find this site and listen to to the people here who actually know what they are talking about,

I'd still be driving 10+ hours every weekend.

Thank you PASR.

Good Luck to Sno and their park crew (Librider, Mike).

I hope Sno steps things up.

PS

It would be great if Sno was able to build and maintian premier parks.

I'm sure everything is better in Scranton compared to Lake Harmony. (hotels. restaurants, bars, nightlife, movie theaters, etc, etc)

I'd be happy to drive the extra miles to have a better all around weekend experience in Scranton.

In the meantime,

if any of you prefer riding at Boulder,

why don't we set up a PASR ski house for the 08/09 season ????

I'd be the first one to write a check for a place to crash near Boulder.

A place to hang out with others who are as serious about riding/skiing would be a nice bonus too.

Edited by TT C6