3/2 pictures

snoskier

Ski what exactly can you judge the park by then?

I'm a hands on sorta guy, Method. But your missing the point, which is Rob's motive.

Look at it this way:

Say you wanted to buy a car dealership, but had to get a town's approval because you also wanted to expand the lots. Now picture some other guy who shoots his mouth off endlessly, saying you're a crook and that you have no intention of being a good businessman. He shouts that you just want to tear down the surrounding trees and then sell it all off as real estate. He writes dozens of hate letters to the newspapers and threatens to call every inspector's office with complaints he admits he'll just make up.

Now, a year or so later, your dealership is open and doing pretty well. Then the guy calls you and say he's never been to your lot, but he's going to review your business for an article he's writing. He tells you he knows more about your business than you do, although he's never sold a car in his life, or owned his own business, for that matter.

I hope you'd just tell the guy to fuck off and understand that some people are just pathetic blowhards that love to hear themselves talk.

Secondly, Method, I believe in thoughtful people who have a real interest in something. I'd take a run or two down a park with someone who cares about the park and skiers/riders and listen to their input. Heck, that's how we inspect every race course.

Edited by ski

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a hands on sorta guy, Method. But your missing the point, which is Rob's motive.

Look at it this way:

Say you wanted to buy a car dealership, but had to get a town's approval because you also wanted to expand the lots. Now picture some other guy who shoots his mouth off endlessly, saying you're a crook and that you have no intention of being a good businessman. He shouts that you just want to tear down the surrounding trees and then sell it all off as real estate. He writes dozens of hate letters to the newspapers and threatens to call every inspector's office with complaints he admits he'll just make up.

Now, a year or so later, your dealership is open and doing pretty well. Then the guy calls you and say he's never been to your lot, but he's going to review your business for an article he's writing. He tells you he knows more about your business than you do, although he's never sold a car in his life, or owned his own business, for that matter.

I hope you'd just tell the guy to fuck off and understand that some people are just pathetic blowhards that love to hear themselves talk.

Secondly, Method, I believe in thoughtful people who have a real interest in something. I'd take a run or two down a park with someone who cares about the park and skiers/riders and listen to their input. Heck, that's how we inspect every race course.

I thought by intuition you meant that Rob doesn't actually hit the features so therefore he shouldn't have an opinion. And my point was that you don't hit them either.

I thought by intuition you meant that Rob doesn't actually hit the features so therefore he shouldn't have an opinion. And my point was that you don't hit them either.

I don't do rails, but I use jumps and the 13' pipe. But, like I said, that's not the point. Rob will spend hours defending Bode Miller, but he hates everything to do with racing, right down to calling guys in speed suits gay. You just can't take some people's words at face value. Some people just have an agenda behind everything they say or write. That's why I was interested in your posts---I didn't see some skewed agenda behind them, but, like it always gets on here, your points became lost on me with all the outside flames and then your own 'digging in' with Flea. I've done the same thing a hundred times---defending a position and going too far in the process.

No worries, Method. I happen to love where I ski and they are selling a health number of tickets. All's good in the world.

Yea I don't have an "agenda", I could care less which mountain "wins" beyond which one gets my day on the hill. Nothing ticks me off like bullshit though.

Flea just ticked me off for lumping me in with the others, and if you look the posts are about 2 - 3 am, not exactly the time for clear thinking

You're still posting about this, Rob? Everyone already knows you think you know everything and can judge the quality of everything just by intuition. Let's see some cracked ribs footage from Hunter instead!

So ski, as a skier at SNO are you proud of the quality of your park to host this event?

no footage of his fall, he was jumping the 18 foot pipe deck to the other side and landed flat on his side between qualifying runs for the 1/4 pipe. He still qualified for the finals for all 3 events after the fall. His friend said he was 20 foot over the deck, I believe 10 foot.. Could have been a lot worse.

He was gapping the whole pipe, or just gapping the deck on one side?

gapping the bottom of the pipe over the deck to the backside of the viewing/runout area. Kind of hard to describe. You know how a pipe goes undervert at the bottom? He was using that as like a poppy aerial type of lip at 45 degrees to backside.

gapping the bottom of the pipe over the deck to the backside of the viewing/runout area. Kind of hard to describe. You know how a pipe goes undervert at the bottom? He was using that as like a poppy aerial type of lip at 45 degrees to backside.

Did he hit the coping or the deck? Because I can't imagine how hard you would have to ollie off the transition to clear the vert part with any kind of momentum horizontally too.

What video was it where the guy starts on one outside part of the pipe, cuts in, and gaps the deck, the middle, the other deck, and lands on the outside? That was crazy

Yea I don't have an "agenda", I could care less which mountain "wins" beyond which one gets my day on the hill. Nothing ticks me off like bullshit though.

Flea just ticked me off for lumping me in with the others, and if you look the posts are about 2 - 3 am, not exactly the time for clear thinking

WHAT?

flea ticked me off for lumping me in with the others??

do a search for my posts...#23 to be specific!

I said quote..."why do some people berate..." RE-READ THE POST!

Do not try to explain yourself at my expense!

#1. I was replying to the PREVIOUS post (Libriders) question/explaination to ramps at the compitition

#2. your name was never brought up....unless you feel that you're the ONLY one on this MB that has ever berated Sno!

"if you look at the posts (Flea's) are about 2-3 AM, not exactly the time for clear thinking"

WHAT???

If you are insinuating I'm replying to your posts in the middle of the night...drunk....you're a lesser of a man than I thought!

everyone...go back and re-read the posts I made! Do they not give a time stamp of 3-5 PM???

NO RESPECT

Did he hit the coping or the deck? Because I can't imagine how hard you would have to ollie off the transition to clear the vert part with any kind of momentum horizontally too.

What video was it where the guy starts on one outside part of the pipe, cuts in, and gaps the deck, the middle, the other deck, and lands on the outside? That was crazy

Picture is worth a thousand words.

post-258-1204815970_thumb.jpg