Quick TR 3/8&9

mbike-ski

Went up this weekend hoping that they would get some snow instaed of the rain - ended up being half right.

Saturday forecast called for rain/switch to sleet & snow around 1...pretty much rained all day, spent equal time at the bar on on the hill, soaked up (literally) some OK runs on the mashed taters and even pond skimmed at one of the lifts for about 30'. They had their 24 hour cancer event going on, kudos to all that toughed it out in their ponchos & what not lapping alcy....maybe ski4food was out there?

that night the temps dropped quick and it turned to snow but when i woke up in cortland a few miles away it was just a dusting and figured the mountain would be a chunk of ice in the wind and cold. As we got closer to the hill the snow got deeper and were psyched to see 3" or so of LIGHT snow. It snowed all morning and the snow was so light it wasn't even really falling - just flotaing around. Ended up a great day finding fresh tracks, boot deep in spots, ALL day with lots of time in the woods. the best part of the day was getting mrs snowbunski in the glades for a run and on the chair ride back up seeing our little girl coming through the same trees with her two friends and her instructor!!

(2nd best was the guiness at our abbreviated tailgate before heading home)

definately best day of 07/08, forgot the freakin' camera though...

That's an awesome Trip Report!

I'm glad that you enjoyed Greek!

I was there Saturday and Sunday (morning) for the Cancer event. I can atest that Saturday did suck! My goal for the 24 hour event was 100 runs. The demo and skiing with customers throughout the morning and early afternoon slowed me down a bit. The weather didn't help much either, but I mangaged to stick it out all night and get in 75 runs.

I took my boots off Sunday morning to find a swollen and black and blue left foot. X-rays yesterday showed a hairline fracture in one of my meta-tarcels. No fun on that front but the event was awesome!

Sunday did look to be one of the best days of the year, but after skiing for 24 hours and not being able to fit my foot back into my boots we packed it up and headed home!

I'm glad you were able to enjoy all the snow and sun yesterday!

Thanks for the great report!

the new place is on the mountain (well across the street) but right now its a big muddy hole in the ground with a few concrete foundation walls so we stayed in cortland - the hamptons pretty reasonable and nice, about 10 mins away

ski4food bummer about the foot, i did a quick tour of the demo area and planned on demo'ing a few pairs - wanted to check out some head and fischer race skis as well as some fatties but thought it would be a waste with the sloppy snow on saturday