CB 3-18-08

bigdaddyk

Today I took advantage of the free pass for the second time. The snow was in excellent condition and they have a lot of it left. I went across the top of the mountain, then worked my way back west. I then spent the rest of my time lapping the birches and king tut, down through the meadows. The snow was fast and this route really allowed for some good turns. I also spent time lapping Big Pocono Run. Rocket and Pharaoh were closed. It appears at one point they blew snow on Margies and didn't groom it, because there are mounds on the top, but the trail itself was groomed. I'm now thinking about getting my second pass for CB, instead of Sno. I forgot how fun CB can be, especially on a non-crowded day.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Was Cliffhanger open today? The condition reports says 32 out of 33 trails open, but the Stevenson quad wasn't list as open and if the Stevenson chair isn't open how do access those trails!

Cliffhanger was open and so were both quads. Rocket and Pharaoh were the two trails that were closed.

Yesterday was a joke.

I went to jack frost then boulder yesterday with my besssst friend since she has a season pass there so I get in free... then we went to camel after since I have a season pass there so we both could ride free again... and we got there at about 4:15 and when my friend went to get her pass they said the entire mountain was open to some lady who called in on the phone. We walked up and the entire mountain was closed except 4 trails. We had literaly just heard some lady tell someone on the phone the entire mountain was open 2 minutes before... camel back is the shadiest mountain around. A liftee told us it was because it was cloudy so it was too dark to ride and camel back was worried about our safety. Yet the terrain park, the asp, birches, and king tut were open... which arent bunny slopes. Camel back has to be kidding with their bull ****. Seriously, camel back was worried about their electric bill not my safety.

I'm so done with camel.. between them being shady and their dumb *** rangers and crap I can't wait to go to college and move up north. Andddd even if I wasn't going to college up north next season I still deffinetly wouldn't be riding at camel anyway.

Yesterday was a joke.

I went to jack frost then boulder yesterday with my besssst friend since she has a season pass there so I get in free... then we went to camel after since I have a season pass there so we both could ride free again... and we got there at about 4:15 and when my friend went to get her pass they said the entire mountain was open to some lady who called in on the phone. We walked up and the entire mountain was closed except 4 trails. We had literaly just heard some lady tell someone on the phone the entire mountain was open 2 minutes before... camel back is the shadiest mountain around. A liftee told us it was because it was cloudy so it was too dark to ride and camel back was worried about our safety. Yet the terrain park, the asp, birches, and king tut were open... which arent bunny slopes. Camel back has to be kidding with their bull ****. Seriously, camel back was worried about their electric bill not my safety.

I'm so done with camel.. between them being shady and their dumb *** rangers and crap I can't wait to go to college and move up north. Andddd even if I wasn't going to college up north next season I still deffinetly wouldn't be riding at camel anyway.

Scam-elback.

^ oh i get it!

soooo.... i should NOT go to camel on my sick day tomorrow?

never been, so i don't know what to expect... and free or not, i don't know if i want to hike all the way up there for like 4 trails.

Yesterday was a joke.

I'm glad I went early. Only two trails were closed when I was there.