Its nuking in Northern VT.

Johnny Law

My boy is in Vt. and says there getting hammered and I'm stuck at work. Needless to say I'm pissed, fucking mother nature owes us a decent storm

Meanwhile in PA.....

THERE IS A CHANCE FOR SNOW AND RAIN FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY AND

AGAIN AROUND MONDAY. THE MONDAY LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL

ORIGINATE OVER THE GULF COAST AND HAS THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE

HEAVIER PRECIPITATION IN THE REGION DEPENDING UPON ITS FINAL TRACK

OFF THE EAST COAST.

From NOAA

Winds are so strong in Northern Vermont along with icing on the cables that most of the lifts are on wind hold..Wind holds will most likely continue into tomorrow..Only 11 more days until I'll be skiing Stowe..

The Mount Mansfield snowstake hit 100 inches as of yesterday evening...

http://www.stowe.com/mountain/conditions.php

Windy=Bolton

Johnny, did you go to school in Vermont? I wonder if the upper lifts are running at Bolton...

Bolton=Boring..not to sound like a snob but I doubt I'll ever ski there again..

No I went to Albright though I have spent far too much time in VT.

I heard the upper lifts were kind of running, some people would get through and then shut down for 20 mins. Bolton can definitley be boring but if nothing else is open beats sitting at home, with it being so close to stowe I wouldn't see any reason to go there unless something was up at Stowe.

Apparently this storm is highly orographic and sticking more to the far North, Jay is forecasted to get 1 to 2 feet.

I'm taking full advantage of this. A nice road trip to sugarloaf for easter has now turned into a powderfest of Saturday at JAY!!!!!!!! I'm meeting another NSer up there who is a local so hopefully I get shown around a bit. Then it's on to Sugarloaf on Sunday to wear the easter bunny suit again for a free ticket, I just bought the costume too so it looks like this is gonna end up being a tradition for me and sugarloaf. I'll try and get plenty of pics and hopefully when I get back I'll have some success at posting them here.

Made the short road trip friday night up to Jay, left bear creek area around 4 and was passing Jay in the moonlight by around midnight. Jay was incredible on Saturday, knee deep and then some in the woods everywhere we went. Skied some tree runs in between the trails for the start of the day and then went over to the dip for a few runs before I had to take off a bit early to continue on up to maine. Skied jay from about 8:30 till 2:30, then drove up to visit non-skiing friends in maine about an hour north of sugarloaf and arrived around 7 pm. Spent the night and breakfast with friends in The Forks maine (big rafting area around three rivers) then back down south to arrive at sugarloaf around 10. I suited up in a big white easter bunny costume and made for guest services, only to find out they stopped the free ticket for easter costumes promotion this year. (thanks new management) So after a small amount of bickering, since I had called a week earlier and they said the promotion was still good, the ticket clerk got his manager and I got my free ticket. Got on the mountain to many hoots and hollers from all, and made my way over to skiers right for the king pine lift and nasty tree skiing on Can't Dog. Stayed over there pounding bumps and dodging trees till about 3pm, even stopped for a few folks who wanted pics with the easter bunny. Bolted around 3:30 and cruised I95 all the way down to stamford to catch 287 and head back west to 78 and pennsylvania arriving home around 1am last night.

What a whirlwind of a weekend but it was definately the best skiing all year for me. I've got some pics to try and put on here but unfortunately I didn't have the cam with on saturday at jay so I have a couple pics from the bottom and some from on mountain at sugarloaf.