WTF? Love Park needs to reopen. Mini park on Bunny Schuss sucks. Medium jumps are all gone.

TT C6

I posted in the "roll call", but I wanted a thread for this topic in the JFBB forum.

There is a TON of snow left on Love park. You can easily get there from the Boulder Park lift that is running. The jumps on Boulder are bigger than many feel comfortable hitting. The new mini-park on Bunny Schuss has 2 excuses for "jumps" and they both SUCK. I like hitting small and medium sized jumps all day and the current setup is letting riders like me down in a BIG way.

It's true. Boulder park ROCKS if you are comfortable with BIG jumps. If you are into rails and boxes, the Plaza and Bunny Schuss has them.

But, Big Boulder is letting down the people that are looking for well built small and meduim jumps.

How do the jumps in Boulder park compare to the 4 jump line at Blue before the Wallride? Were any other runs open besides Big Boulder Park?

Blue's jumps were good at the beginning of the season. then they got really small and were pretty good for trying new stuff on. Boulder's jump line isn't really something to try new stuff on if you dont really know what you are doing. they are pretty big jumps for sure.

Dude hit the first jump in boulder park....it does have like a 10 foot gap. Dont let the tranny fool you its not all that big.

I know dude. I'm being a total pussy. The 1st jump on Boulder is no bigger than what I've been hitting all year. But, looking at it gives me vertigo because there is NOTHING after the lip in your line of sight but the lake and the houses a 1/4 mile away. I feel like I'm jumping off a cliff as I approach and I pull off. Feel free to call me a pussy. I deserve it. I should have hit Boulder park earlier in the season when I was riding with friends. What little balls I have left dissapears when I ride solo.

Blue's jumps were good at the beginning of the season. then they got really small and were pretty good for trying new stuff on. Boulder's jump line isn't really something to try new stuff on if you dont really know what you are doing. they are pretty big jumps for sure.

It's all BS excuses, but it's the something about the garde angle of Boulder park that freaks me out too. I know if I spread those same jumps out on a run like Love Park I could clear them fine. I did like the jumps at Blue. I just prefer them spread out more. I think I need more time between jumps to focus and relax. I don't know.

I LOVE the jump line at Breckenridge because there was so much space between jumps and the grade/steepness of the run was mellow. I was riding Un Blano Gulch at Mt Snow last week and it also had space in between and medium steepness.

Edited by TT C6

I don't understand. Is Love roped off or something or is it not "officially" open? Like you said, its accessible from the boulder park lift. Theres still a couple features from ECTC on it I believe.

It's roped off and it looks like the jumps have been "modified". I didn't want to poach the run and risk getting booted. Also, with my dumb luck I'd "Sonny Bono" myself and no one would know I was out there.

Molly, I dont know what the max size is but I did the biggest spread eagle thing of my life on the big one...The landing was awfully bulletproof when i hit it. I think you might hit it, it's pretty big though. It looked like some people were really boosting it high if they wanted to. They have a smaller jump at the top of the line that you would be fine on, except the landing seems really mellow for how high it pops you. Maybe if they cut the landing steeper that jump would be really really fun.

I didnt hit the second jump...nobody was and i figured there must be a reason.

The rest of the setup was ok, I had fun on that battle box and I really like the hybrid box things. The down flat down is sick and the down rail/box was fun even though it was such a big hop up to it.

I know dude. I'm being a total pussy. The 1st jump on Boulder is no bigger than what I've been hitting all year. But, looking at it gives me vertigo because there is NOTHING after the lip in your line of sight but the lake and the houses a 1/4 mile away. I feel like I'm jumping off a cliff as I approach and I pull off. Feel free to call me a pussy. I deserve it. I should have hit Boulder park earlier in the season when I was riding with friends. What little balls I have left dissapears when I ride solo.

Chill bro...i wasnt calling you a pussy, just trying to provide a solution to your problems. I think they could easily have more trails with more features open, bunny way or w/e that one is got crowded as heck today....but oh well, it was still fun as shit today.

How do the jumps in Boulder park compare to the 4 jump line at Blue before the Wallride? Were any other runs open besides Big Boulder Park?

Draufganger, snow drift, and Mittl Weg are open with nothing on them, which is how I like my trails. Boulder and Bunny Schuss are the other two opened as parks. The rest of the mountain is closed. There were a few families there today, with little kids and I saw one on a leash. They could open a couple more trails, I would think.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Chill bro...i wasnt calling you a pussy, just trying to provide a solution to your problems. I think they could easily have more trails with more features open, bunny way or w/e that one is got crowded as heck today....but oh well, it was still fun as shit today.

I'm not pissed dude. :) You read me wrong. :) I was calling myself a pussy. :lol: I know you were just being helpful. :) Sorry for the confusion. :)

I'm not pissed dude. :) You read me wrong. :) I was calling myself a pussy. :lol: I know you were just being helpful. :) Sorry for the confusion. :)

Are you that dude who brought two boards and switched in the middle of the day? The one who was such a huge knob-licker about storing it somewhere??

Are you that dude who brought two boards and switched in the middle of the day? The one who was such a huge knob-licker about storing it somewhere??

no, that was me! now what you gotta say? :)

TT - here is the deal, I feel your pain. There is one side of me that says, what the hell is wrong with people in our area that don' know what we know about the slopes having a 100% coverage along with discounted lift tickets.

There is the other side that says why the hell would I want it crowded during the best time of the year?

Do what you have been doing - encouragin others to meetup/ride up and hopefully others will also pread the word and the ski areas will stay open longer.

As it stands now, boulder and Camelback are probably loosing money by staying open, but they do. They need more ticket sales to warrant having more features. Its that simple.

The general public has no idea.

On another note. I will be posting some pics/report of girl shredders at Boulder - most of the shots are of them spinning the first jump on BOulder trail. :nana

Hey TT! time to man up. these ladies didn't have any trouble with the first jump today!

101_0896.jpg

101_0895.jpg

101_0894.jpg

i really should also have been spinning that today but i wasnt really feeling it. i believe i talked to you for a little on the deck i had yellow pants and also had a hot dog in my hand.

Some more shots from today of the ladie rippers. mis I don t see any one in yellow, sorry I missed you. I am trying to put together a park update on another site of ladies of big boulder park. All of you today were tearing it up. it was fun to watch!

101_0884.jpg

101_0883.jpg

101_0899.jpg

Hey TT! time to man up. these ladies didn't have any trouble with the first jump today!

I am a pussy. I am a pussy. I am a pussy. I am a pussy. I am a pussy.

You happy now? :lol: Not much more I can say. I know I have ZERO excuses.

I was easily clearing everything in Love, Un Blanco Gulch, and the small/ medium parks at Stratton this year. But, Boulder park just freaks me out.

Edited by TT C6

Some more shots from today of the ladie rippers. mis I don t see any one in yellow, sorry I missed you. I am trying to put together a park update on another site of ladies of big boulder park. All of you today were tearing it up. it was fun to watch!

101_0884.jpg

101_0883.jpg

101_0899.jpg

the first two are bear creek locals representing!

p.s i was wit andy when you were talking to him.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

101_0896.jpg

101_0895.jpg

101_0894.jpg

It funny all you need is one girl to start spinning a jump and all the girls out there don't want to get showed up and start throwing down. well that how it was for me to today day. but it was def. a fun session hopefully next week is as good as this weekend.

I am a pussy. I am a pussy. I am a pussy. I am a pussy. I am a pussy.

You happy now? :lol: Not much more I can say. I know I have ZERO excuses.

I was easily clearing everything in Love, Un Blanco Gulch, and the small/ medium parks at Stratton this year. But, Boulder park just freaks me out.

Were you there today? Yellow hat?

The park is really sick right now. most of the stuff got bombed out real quick though.