new commercial

Sno Mountain Skier

I just talked to someone in the office to ask about the $10 discounts for other area passes and mentioned that the ad was actually scaring people away. That Montage skiers must all be totally dork headed *ssholes like those two, and if they wanted to keep the lift lines short, then that Jimmy/Johnny ad was the way to go. She seemed to agree. I asked if they had gotten advise from that d*ckhead Dave Kulish from Camelback about advertising, but she said she wouldn't know anything about that.

i dont really look at it as there in a hole. i look at it a different way. right now they hired new management that are sprusing up the place, and updating snowmaking by trying to buy the #5 damn where they get the water. i think that they are doing everything right, that someone who knows what they are doing and that want to make a good profit will buy the place. i would really like it if someone bought it and made a great park and cut out new double diamond trails.

Well, Snowtime Inc. will take it over at a reasonable price (it's worth $4 million or so). They own Liberty, Whitetail, Windham, and Roundtop. For a ski area, Montage is run with an amazingly low overhead. The local economy has been terrible, with businesses like Corning closing, yet they've only lost money once in the last six years because of last year's crappy XMas weather.

It sucks that they jacked up season pass prices, instead of lowering them to draw in more people. That's the only decision I really disagree with. Areas like Mammoth and lots of Colorado resorts have proven that it's better to drop season pass prices and draw more people in for concessions, etc.

Snowtime said they would take it over at a "reasonable price". That was the quote. Roundtop and Windham are both run really well and invest a lot in lifts and snowmaking. Of course the Lackawnna board members had to throw in that the new owner would guarantee to stay open for at least 10 years and that they would rehire all current employees. That's cool for the current employees and for people that ski here, but not an attractive adendum to have to sign for the buyer.

Since I usually hang on the North Face, I don't mind the slow lifts. But when I'm doing NASTAR on Switch, the lift drives you nuts. I rode up with boarders twice this morning and that's all they talked about...that they were from Blue and really like Montage, but would never board here regularly because it takes too long to get up the hill.

I don't want crowds, but want to make sure they stay open...

I tried to help the lifts last time I was there. I put a note into one of the suggestion boxes. Unfortunately it was empty except for my contribution. Why dont we just tell them to speed up the lifts, who knows they might listen.

I tried to help the lifts last time I was there. I put a note into one of the suggestion boxes. Unfortunately it was empty except for my contribution.  Why dont we just tell them to speed up the lifts, who knows they might listen.

There are suggestion boxes? Hmmmm...so maybe a few years ago someone suggested they run the lifts really slow? And we just let this sh*t happen all this time?

The new tv and radio commercial is the old country/rock "Some Kinda Wonderful". changed to "Lackawannawonderful"...

My opinion is that it isn't good or bad. Just sorta there. After the first time, you just tune it out like a Ford Taurus car commercial.