Sunday

skidude

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was a pretty sad turnout, to say the least. Pretty much me, greg, and glenn, with a little skidude mixed in. The place was packed, and it was getting really boring riding the tp/raceway lift, as they were the only ones w/o any lines. We got a nice video of adam ripping thru the gates at mach 2.

Yea it was rediculously crowded for the rest of the day too. I don't think i will be giving CB any more of my money anytime soon. I will say though that the hits in Rhodo were an improvement, but the ones in the other park were retarded. I love how its a beginner park, but they have landings that are death traps. It was also the first time i have ridden there pipe and it wasn't horrid. However i thought they were makeing it wider? Seems pretty much the same to me. At least if they did widen it, they didnt make it significantly wider. Oh well.

Yea it was rediculously crowded for the rest of the day too. I don't think i will be giving CB any more of my money anytime soon. I will say though that the hits in Rhodo were an improvement, but the ones in the other park were retarded. I love how its a beginner park, but they have landings that are death traps. It was also the first time i have ridden there pipe and it wasn't horrid. However i thought they were makeing it wider? Seems pretty much the same to me. At least if they did widen it, they didnt make it significantly wider. Oh well.

i noticed that about the jumps too, and glenn said something too. They landings are not proportional to the size of the jumps. They are like 5-10 feet too long.

Yea rhodo wasnt too bad, but the beginner park was a mess. The landings weren't proportional to the lips, and the last hit put you into a trench if you actually could clear the table section off the tiny lip. When i cleared it i got all squirly cause of that trench BS. As for Rhodo the first hit was relatively nice, and i enjoyed it. However, the second one was way too long unless you bombed it like full speed. Thats all well and good if you wanna just do long strait airs. I put my knees into my chest though then i tried a 3 over it cause i couldnt get as much distance.

Jib...Do you think any place wasn't rediculusly crowded?  I mean 2 feet of snow in NYC and Philly and great weather all weekend? 

I bet even blue (which can do no wrong) was a mad house this weekend

no question 'dude, as i told you, blue was a mad house yesterday, as im sure CB was too. I left just before it got REALLY bad. Though I bet Ski999 was enjoying 0 crowds at Montage :rolleyes:

The pipe is deeper, angled diffrent and a little wider. Its not that noticeable but I was told by someone the changes would make for better snow quality and riding.

Very few complaints from friends on the 1/2 pipe this year compared to years past. People I ride with said the pipe this year has been in the best shape ever, compared to years past. So as far as the 1/2 pipe it is welcomed improvement.

Whoa now, dont assume i favor Blue. I dont favor any mtn. However, i got really irritated trying to navigate through lift lines while people constantly ran theit rental gear into my brand new board (first time out with it by the way, and it is sweet!). At least at blue they use common sense and organize their lift lines. I was getting so irritated at people getting in the singles line and then ending up all on the same chair (why did u get in the singles line then morons!?). In addition, if i have one more person on a lift with me who waits to pull the bar up til the last possible second because they are on their cell phone, i think i might murder someone.

On a good note though... Has anyone seen the hottie working the top of the quad? Good lord.

The pipe is deeper, angled diffrent and a little wider. Its not that noticeable but I was told by someone the changes would make for better snow quality and riding. 

Very few complaints from friends on the 1/2 pipe this year compared to years past. People I ride with said the pipe this year has been in the best shape ever, compared to years past. So as far as the 1/2 pipe it is welcomed improvement.

Oh i agree 100% it was def the nicest i have seen it. I just thought it would have been noticably wider. Seems as though what they did is working though. So thats awesome!