View from top of the Swift Current chair across to the other peak:

BigSky000.jpg

Views of the bowl below Lone Peak:

BigSky001.jpg

BigSky002.jpg

Views looking up to the trails serviced by the Ramcharger chair:

BigSky003.jpg

BigSky004.jpg

View of Lone Peak. A tram runs up to the peak.

BigSky005.jpg

Views from the tram. I did NOT ski down from here as the signs said that they guaranteed you would damage your skis on the rocks and I was already pretty damaged from the "groomed" trails. Also you weren't allowed to take your skis off in those sections as it "made it worse":

TramViews001.jpg

TramViews002.jpg

TramViews003.jpg

TramViews004.jpg

TramViews005.jpg

View down the bowl below the Shedhorn lift. Across the way is the private Yellowstone Club.

BigSky006.jpg

View of the Challenger lift. I came down this and it looks a lot steeper when you are on it than it does from below, let me tell you. This is looking pretty much straight up the way I came down.

BigSky007.jpg

Looking toward the Lone Peak bowl area:

BigSky008.jpg

that place has the most vert in the US.  A heard the tram ride alone is worth the trip.  Any pics from the top?

[edit] ah ok, you posted them while i posted my message

I wouldn't judge a place as having the "most vert" based on their advertising. What counts is how much vert you can do in a single run. Right now, you can't do their trail with the most vertical as the trails just aren't open. We are having a heat wave here and my skis are in extreme need of some hospital care after being at this place. ROCK CITY!!!

I wouldn't judge a place as having the "most vert" based on their advertising.  What counts is how much vert you can do in a single run.  Right now, you can't do their trail with the most vertical as the trails just aren't open.  We are having a heat wave here and my skis are in extreme need of some hospital care after being at this place.  ROCK CITY!!!

yes you are, its ALOT colder here, and we're getting more snow. Alta has been dry for several WEEKS now....last snowfall was on the 11th. :(:angry: