broken equipment

rugbyrider

Its not even fucking cold out and i broke my brand new SPIs already WTF. I just picked up my board so i decided to tinker around in my living room, mounted the bindings and put on my old boots to make some minor adjustments, just to really see how adjustable they are and get a standing feel for everything. Well i tried to center my ankle strap, loosened the little clamp knob jawn, centered the strap, tightened it back up, went to lock it back into place and WHAAAAAAAAAAAMY the shit snapped like an 87 year olds hip. And now ive sunk into a bitter depression :crymore:

Do you mean the strap that has all the ridges on it in which you feed to the strap that has the lil crank thinger? Cause yeah you can just pick up a new one at your local shop. If its the actual strap that broke in half if will be covered under warranty but they will have to get it shipped to you. And im still wondering how the fuck it could snap so easily... id be afraid to use them after that.

Oh and does anyone the answer to my friends question. His board delaminated over the summer somehow, its a k2 www this past seasons model. Is that covered under warranty?

Oh and does anyone the answer to my friends question. His board delaminated over the summer somehow, its a k2 www this past seasons model. Is that covered under warranty?

im guessing that your friend left it in a very hot room, and as for warranty it never hurts to give k2 and the store it was purchased at a call to find if it is under warranty

yes sir, you saw my darkstar last year... it was delaminating all over, i got the '09 through warranty for this year. Somehow i manage to have a new board for every season these days, or if not i break it half way through.

for anyone looking to buy a board, there is no where better to buy it than dogfunk, backcountry, and whatever other websites they run. They have a lifetime warranty on everything, whether you dont like it in 2 years, or it breaks, anything...theyll replace it, no questions asked.

i have a feeling my new board will delaminate again, i love the darkstars but i cant say im a fan of the topsheet.

no it wasnt the ratchet it was the other side, the one that adjust the way the strap centers on your boot, i took it back to the shop last night and they just gave me a brand new pair, this is why i dont have nice things i guess. but the guy said its a design flaw because one over rotated twist and the buckle gets too tight and snaps when you try to snap it into place, no big deal i guess i learned my lesson, but i still got another brand new pair of bindings so it aint that bad, just kinda sucks they would design it like that for such an expensive binding.