Hey, how about a little help out there!!!

Margaritaville Skier

I never thought I'd be asking for directions to get to CB having skied there for 35 yrs but I was always coming from central Jersey. Probably could drive there with my eyes closed and I know I drove home sometimes that way. Anywho, heading up next week from Margaritaville and I'm trying to find the quickest way from I 95 without going into Jersey. Since I'm gonna try to do it in a straight shot , I need to know some good roads from the Delaware/Pa line up to the Pocs. Any help would be appreciated. Look forward to seeing some PASR stickers while I'm up.

PAX

I never thought I'd be asking for directions to get to CB having skied there for 35 yrs but I was always coming from central Jersey. Probably could drive there with my eyes closed and I know I drove home sometimes that way.  Anywho, heading up next week from Margaritaville and I'm trying to find the quickest way from I 95 without going into Jersey. Since I'm gonna try to do it in a straight shot , I need to know some good roads from the Delaware/Pa line up to the Pocs. Any help would be appreciated. Look forward to seeing some PASR stickers while I'm up.

PAX

From the CB Website and it seems to be pretty good and the way I would go up if I were coming from DE:

From Washington & Baltimore: I-95 North to I-476 (NE Extension of the PA Turnpike) North, and follow the directions from Philadelphia. Approximately 4.5 hours travel time.

From Philadelphia: I-476 (NE Extension of the PA Turnpike) North to Lehigh Valley Exit 56 (old exit 33), Route 22 East to Route 33 North to I-80 West to Exit 299 (old exit 45), Tannersville, and follow the signs.

NEW Alternate Route (Avoiding 22 through Allentown): I-476 North to Lehigh Valley Exit 56 (old Exit 33), then Route 22 East to the first Exit (309 South). 309 South becomes I-78 East; proceed on I-78 East to Route 33 North to I-80 West to Exit 299 (old exit 45), Tannersville, and follow the signs.

Also since I live in Jersey you could go I-295 North (turns into I-95 South) hook up with Rt. 31 North to Rt. 46 W to I-80 W to Tannersville

or

NJ Turnpike to I-287 North to I-80 West to Tannersville.

Believe it or not from my house the NJ Turnpike is 30 miles longer but 20 min faster compared to going up Rt. 31 because of speed restrictions, slow pokes and traffic lights.

But once you are in the North Jersey traffic you could get messed up if its during rush.

I would go up through PA if you could.

Yea 95-476 is def the fastest way. otherwise your going to have to shimmy your way over to 33 somehow, and i think you'll just lose time doing that.

actually, it IS faster to get off of 476, at the lehigh valley exit, take 22 east, get on 33 north, and hit 80. Greg said its a good 15 miles shorter.

that would greatly depend on time of day. you aren't going to save anytime on that portion of 22 between about 830-10am and 430-6pm due to rush hour traffic, and even noon gets a bit busy. any other times though you are prolly right on that.

all that means is that you'll be on route 80 for even longer. You will either hit 80, or 22, and you'd be on 22 for a shorter distance. Skidude is right though, tis faster :D 15 miles is alot, and going 22 > 33 > 80 is more of a straightline then going up 476, then cutting over.

Margaritaville,

I live in Wilmington, Delaware, just off of I-95. When I go to CB, I go I-95 north, to I-476 (the "Blue Route"), exit at the Lehigh Valley (Allentown?) exit, take 22 East, get on 33 North, and then I-80.

Edited to correct route number.

Edited by ole2planker

Thanks for that info. With any luck at all, I should be skiing next Wednesday and spending three weeks at CB. I'm not looking forward to that 20 hr drive by myself but it is something you'd do for a sport you love. If I can pull it together, I may have to call Skidude out for a run down Raceway. He'll have to spot me a handicap to make it fair though. <_< The age differance is definetly in his favor.

See y'all next week. :sprint

Yea, if you're coming up from FL, you might as well check out Blue, or Elk, both of which have much more vertical then CB.

Holy crap dude, do you do anything but whore about blue in this forum?

Jeeze dude how many posts do i have to read about why blue is better than CB (in the CB forum) before it is renamed 'jeff whored this to a second blue forum' </rant>

Anyway getting back on topic....Marg...Will you actully have a parrot sticker on your helmet? I will have my PASR sticker on :lol:

Holy crap dude, do you do anything but whore about blue in this forum?

Jeeze dude how many posts do i have to read about why blue is better than CB (in the CB forum) before it is renamed 'jeff whored this to a second blue forum'  </rant>

Anyway getting back on topic....Marg...Will you actully have a parrot sticker on your helmet?  I will have my PASR sticker on :lol:

no, i said "blue or elk" which happen, in addition to montage, to have some of the most vert in PA. Sorry dude :ph34r: