Jay Peak

train36

:( Everything's so expensive at Christmas and its not even that good out West. It's just by the time you know its going to be good, there are NO accomodations in VT. We need to save money anyway...

I hear that its certainly difficult in the NE, if you have a car, watch the weather and just show up the night before. Most places in VT have cheap nearby accommodations that don't get too full on the non holiday weekends. Additionally, you can always just stay in Burlington and VT is known for lots of B&B's not my thing but some are reasonable.

Killy - Happy Bear/Rutvegas hotels

Jay - Grampa Grunts

Stowe - Stowe Motel - GSS is this the one out by the church where S. Main meets 108 ? I sleep in the parking lot a lot but can't remember the name

Burke - Fairbanks Inn

Mt. Snow - Alpenhaus

Utah is by far the most consistent on early season snow, for almost 10 years now my retarded family has made a Christmas trip there and we've never gotten skunked. Probably 50% of the time we get truly epic snowfall.

CO and UT are probably the cheapest you can do a trip for, CO is just as fantastic as UT but I feel they get a little more spotty early season snow. MT can be cheap too and has great snowfall but probably the sharpest rocks in the history of skiing personally I would wait for better coverage....if all else fails......Xanadu ?

was up at jay this past January over MLK. Glades are super nice best skiing on the east coast, but terrain park sucks.

Just like out west with how much pow they get. best runs are unmarked through da trees, i would suggest u get a nice wide-waist ski, atleast 86 or higher to enjoy it. It gets extremely cold up at Jay with the winds. Some days are icy some are not, but they do close lifts alot due to weather.

Overall definately take the trip I enjoyed it, we hit up Sugarbush while we were there and Jay was 100x better.

• 3 weeks later...