08/09 Terrain Park Update

P-architect

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you guys were able to hit all 3 jumps in boulder park in a row no problem? yeah i never once had enough speed to do that....

I wouldn't say no problem. You had to be dialed after training someone for speed since conditions change daily - obviously.

Hit the first, recover and set up for the third jump was the normal run. The better skiers would hit all three.... when crews were riding together. Otherwise hit the first one and chicken out on the others....

I rarely saw riders hitting all three like that, of course that may have just been the company I kept.

Edited by Papasteeze

so you guys were able to hit all 3 jumps in boulder park in a row no problem? yeah i never once had enough speed to do that....

No I only hit the first one but that had everything to do with me being a pussy and nothing to do with my speed. But I would figure the hard part is getting enough speed for the first one, I always felt like I was booking it towards the second jump.

I always felt like I was booking it towards the second jump.

you probably were. the second jump was easy to overshoot if you cleaned the first and if you didn't carry your speed through the second, you decked on the third. Ouch..

those that had it dialed typically went steezey on the first, focused on the second, big on the last jump.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're accepting applications and starting interviews for park crew this season. If you think you've got the skills fill out an application. Any questions feel free to PM me!!

give me two years and ill get right on that.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're accepting applications and starting interviews for park crew this season. If you think you've got the skills fill out an application. Any questions feel free to PM me!!

I wish i lived closer man, ide love to work with you on building this park. i think it would be a great time.

Alright i hate cb b/c of its fucking stupid rangers and ski patrol, but i could see them maybe pulling this shit off weather permitting. I'm just saying they actually took a step forward this time getting pretty well made shit opposed to the stuff they've bought/made of the past 3 years. Now IF they actually have a decent staff for park crew and not a bunch of dumb kids that don't know shit and don't do shit they could make this a fun average park .

Things to Possibly Plague this Park

- Bad Park Crew (set up, building shit etc)

- Weather/Snow Conditions Traditionally Suck at CB

- Camelback Big-Shots just saying NO to shit

true life. boxes boxes boxes boxes, so sick of them.... do they even make rails anymore?? does anyone make rails anymore?

majority or riders now are box riderssssssss

so sad :crymore:

The boxes look nice, as does snowmaking. One of the most laughable things about Camelback in the past was their jibs so this is a step in the right direction.

You know what is really funny, when you actually find a steel rail and hit it how much faster/smoother they jib, it feels like butter and almost takes you by surprise at first. No matter how good they make boxes they always feel more sticky.

I found Mount Snow had a much higher concentration of rails than Blue/JFBB/BC/MC/Camelback but now that Boulder is building their rails who knows.