08/09 Terrain Park Update

P-architect

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well even if the new stuff is nice the park will still be icy as hell. cb is just a bad place to have a park i think. all i ever did there was ride trails non stop and dick off, but they are way too serious with their rangers and ski patrol so im never spending money there again.

Edited by poop

HAHAHA that picture is great. Yeah, I took a single run through the park last season...and that was more than enough for me. I think I found better features on the sides of some of the trails. About those Turbocristal fanguns though, they're pretty good from what I hear. It's a completely different snowgun design from the rest of the fanguns, and it seems to work very well. And the LP tower guns should be kickin on first, since they're one of the better marginal temperature guns. Looks like they might have a good chance this year (why do I feel like that's been said in the past?).

Hey guys, I know its hard to believe but Will is at camelback to completely turn that place around, and he is THE guy to do it. Ive been talking to him personally and his goal is to make a mountain that has more rider input then any other mountain around. Will listens to people, he knows whats good and on top of that he knows how to shape a park. He worked at bear for a couple years (Not sure EXACTLY how many so ill let that part up to him) and those years he was there he did some great stuff. Will is looking to do some stuff never before done in PA and i wont leak any of it for his sake but trust me when i say that as long as the weather cooperates, expect some sick things out of his park. I know me and my crew will be making a couple trips there especially in early season to check things out. Will is doing all he can to turn this place around including pushing for an early opening date. I know camelback has sucked in the past but put a little trust in will, I back him 100%, he's a super nice guy and obviousely knows his way around a park, otherwise camelback would not have hired him. If you have any input or things you would like to see im sure you can talk about it here or PM him and as long as it is decently feasible, im sure you will see it at one point this season. Will's trying not just to make another one of the best park's around, he's trying to create a vibe, and i know that a tough thing to do but i believe he can do it and with time i think you guys will see that to.

I don't have any from last season other than a couple from Christmas day that Craig took - they don't show the features.

Here is a link to their park site which has pics from last year.

http://www.skicamelback.com/SkiCamelback/L...rrain-Park.aspx

Take a look at the Flat Down rail, it was actually set more like an Up/Down rail. When set up properly this is a sweet rail, but putting it on a HUGE snow mound is a complete waste and is absolutely unnecessary.

Take a look at the Flat Down rail, it was actually set more like an Up/Down rail. When set up properly this is a sweet rail, but putting it on a HUGE snow mound is a complete waste and is absolutely unnecessary.

lol the fun part is if you come off early/mess up and have to deal with the awesome drop and ice which is the mound of snow .

One guy can make boat loads of difference. Look what Park Builder did at Shawnee a few years back, it was really fun for about 2 years while he was in control. Before and after he was there, didn't really have much of anything going on.

I'm not so sure that the exposure of Camelback's parks is what makes them icy. The parks face west correct? That will make them a bit more icy at night but the parks at Mountain Creek are largely west facing now and they aren't particulary icy. I think it has to do with snowmaking and grooming.

Hey guys, I know its hard to believe but Will is at camelback to completely turn that place around, and he is THE guy to do it. Ive been talking to him personally and his goal is to make a mountain that has more rider input then any other mountain around. Will listens to people, he knows whats good and on top of that he knows how to shape a park. He worked at bear for a couple years (Not sure EXACTLY how many so ill let that part up to him) and those years he was there he did some great stuff. Will is looking to do some stuff never before done in PA and i wont leak any of it for his sake but trust me when i say that as long as the weather cooperates, expect some sick things out of his park. I know me and my crew will be making a couple trips there especially in early season to check things out. Will is doing all he can to turn this place around including pushing for an early opening date. I know camelback has sucked in the past but put a little trust in will, I back him 100%, he's a super nice guy and obviousely knows his way around a park, otherwise camelback would not have hired him. If you have any input or things you would like to see im sure you can talk about it here or PM him and as long as it is decently feasible, im sure you will see it at one point this season. Will's trying not just to make another one of the best park's around, he's trying to create a vibe, and i know that a tough thing to do but i believe he can do it and with time i think you guys will see that to.

oooohhhhh its Will. good for you Will have fun with it. ill have to make the trip instead of school one day so i dont get mauled by n00bs. should be sick

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

Will is gonna make this park sick. Hes got some really unique good ideas that are gonna make camel real sick this season. Camel is actually gonna have a decent jump line, talkin boulder comparable jumps. Im heading up there for the first time besides that rail jam at the end of the season to check everything out. Im sure its all gonna be crazy. Camelback is in good hands. And all you camelback locals better talk to Will cuz he will definently listen to you. YEAH WILL!

everybody can say, right now, that it is going to be sick. with the way camelback has performed over the last few years, this is going to be something that we will have to see for ourselves during the season instead of believing the talk that they will have an amazing park, and not seeing anything come of it.

Camel is actually gonna have a decent jump line, talkin boulder comparable jumps.

I'm not trying to be negative here but thats kind of a big claim. Boulders jumps were some of THE best on the entire east coast. Does camelback have the snow cat operators who have experience with making jumps like that? I'm sure this Will person knows what hes doing, but if I recall correctly he was from BC and BC doesnt have jumps like boulder..

..Just some thought. Not trying to start anything.

I'm not trying to be negative here but thats kind of a big claim. Boulders jumps were some of THE best on the entire east coast. Does camelback have the snow cat operators who have experience with making jumps like that? I'm sure this Will person knows what hes doing, but if I recall correctly he was from BC and BC doesnt have jumps like boulder..

I don't think CB has the terrain for the the jump line Boulder has. The boulder park trail w/o any snow looks like it was in itself designed for those jumps.

I don't think CB has the terrain for the the jump line Boulder has. The boulder park trail w/o any snow looks like it was in itself designed for those jumps.

Yeah and then on top of that the sheer amount of snow that is put out to make those jumps is redic. No one in PA has ever had legit jumps like that.. From what I can remember.

Bear also never had the snow to biild comparable jumps, they just dont get the same weather to stock pile mass quantities of snow like that. Me and dolfman were just trying to say that as long as the weather cooperates, will is going to do the best he can to make that park completely sick. Nobody is saying its better then anything b/c only time can tell what it will bring. Were just saying that all the working are there right now to have a sick park, including the park manager that has the vision to take it there.

It really does. Wide, straight, steep. Bonus points for a sick background with the Lake behind it and also bonus points for being able to see it from the lodge and across the way.

p1010005.jpg