Season Pass Question

MCzajka

i take it your under 18? i always had my mom go with me, but i believe last year i just took the signed form and i was ok. im not 100% sure, maybe someone else will know. but you definetly need a parent signature either way.

yeah you need a parent signature but i dont think they have to be there. it would probably make it easier if they were then theres no trouble.

either way whether they have to be there or not woulndt it be easier if they signed it then with no back a fourths for the signature?

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone been in the prediciment that they want to work at bear but then if they dont get the job they cant get the early bird rate by the 31st of october?? I just dont know what to do...if you work there then you get a free pass so i dont want to just buy one and then end up getting the job...the whole pt of working there is for the free pass...any ideas about what to do??

has anyone been in the prediciment that they want to work at bear but then if they dont get the job they cant get the early bird rate by the 31st of october?? I just dont know what to do...if you work there then you get a free pass so i dont want to just buy one and then end up getting the job...the whole pt of working there is for the free pass...any ideas about what to do??

I'm pretty sure that if you bought a pass at blue and then got a job there, they refund your money that you spent on the pass. I wouldn't see how it would be any different at BC.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though about blue doing this, but I'm pretty sure they do.

Edited by skifreak

To answer the questions definitively:

1) A downloaded, filled out and signed season pass agreement/liability release is fine, there is no need for your parent or guardian to be present

2) If you buy a pass then get a job at Bear Creek we do refund the purchase price of your pass at the end of the season as long as you remain an employee in good standing. If you are terminated or quit, your employee pass is revoked and you are free to use the season pass you purchased. If you never pick up the season pass you purchase, you can receive a full refund or roll the pass to the following year.

A side note on passes. I know a lot of people get their passes from friends that work at Bear Creek. We are changing the employee benefits this year to make them more flexible but in doing so, we are eliminating the significant other/dependant passes for the majority of part time seasonal workers. This year, non-managers and supervisors in most departments (snowsports school and ski patrol being the exceptions) will receive 2 credits per week that can be redeemed for off-peak lift tickets. This way, employees can share their benefits with multiple people.

So, if you are planning on getting a pass and waiting for a friend to get a job here and receive their significant other pass, I would recommend purchasing a pass at the early bird rate. If you really want a great deal on a pass, get 10 people together and get in touch with Jake at jakeh@bcmountainresort.com and buy your passes as a group. The group organizer gets their pass for free, you can't get any cheaper than that!

i never had taht problem cheif..i'm no poor bastard

EDIT: plus i got a job there again this year that is whyi'm askin cuz on the paper they gave us at the returning instructor meeting it still said you could get up to 4 irs dependent/spouse passes as long as you worked a minimum of 9 hours a week

Edited by JibHonk

Why is that an insult? That was a great perk for working there.

Too great, thats why its gone.

When you work in retail the worker usually gets a discount for themselves not family members. It usually ranges 10 -20%

Why should an employee get 4 $25 unlimited passes when season pass holders pay three times and more to ski at bear creek?

Edited by joeybadlands

EDIT: plus i got a job there again this year that is whyi'm askin cuz on the paper they gave us at the returning instructor meeting it still said you could get up to 4 irs dependent/spouse passes as long as you worked a minimum of 9 hours a week

In BC-Marks post he mentioned that the instructors would have a different benefit package than other BC employees. The paper you received is more than likely the appropriate benefit package.

Too great, thats why its gone.

When you work in retail the worker usually gets a discount for themselves not family members. It usually ranges 10 -20%

Why should an employee get 4 $25 unlimited passes when season pass holders pay three times and more to ski at bear creek?

10% discount for yourself if you work in retail? i hope there are lots of other benefits, because that is certainly not one. blue did the same sort of dependent pass as bear, but you never got a dependent pass at blue unless you actually had dependents or a spouse.