Tonight
  2. MinT1_northeast.png
    Tomorrow Night
  3. MinT2_northeast.png
    2 Nights
  4. MinT3_northeast.png

Text Forecasts

Edited by Method9455

Now we're getting somewhere. Looks like monday should start a period of possible snowmaking. 5 days out is not that far out so there must be some bit of truth in these forecasts. Given that it is a week and a half prior to Thanksgiving, I have to believe I will be getting one day in at Boulder to burn off all that turkey and pumpkin pie I will be eating.

Accuweather

Sunday, Nov 16

Intermittent Clouds

Clouds and sun; windy, chilly

Low: 26

Looks like this cold forecast might stay true...they've been giving about the same temps for almost a week now.

Will they start blowin tomorrow night? I don't see why not with an outlook like this.

wet_bulb_chart_fahrenheit-p.JPG

Lets say 75% humidity Sunday night (Forecast is for 65-75%), we need a temp of 29 degrees.

You are only going to get that about 3 hours Sunday night, really starting at about 3am according to Accuweather. It might be a little better than that forecast, and their guns might be a little better than this chart, but I'd say it won't be too productive Sunday night.

But monday night, temps are good after about 10pm, maybe even at 9. I think you will see some by then, and it only gets better as the week goes on.

2 days out, you have to start trusting these forecasts. This week is the window, I wouldn't be suprised to see mountains other than JFBB start blowing this week. In fact I'd be surprised if Camelback, Shawnee, Blue, and Sno aren't also going to start making snow this week. I haven't looked at the temps at Mountain Creek or Bear Creek, but the NE Pocono mountains should start going.

Papasteeze is probably right about the 22nd, they should be able to get Freedom open this week.

I don't know where that weather forecast is for, but for those who know Big Boulder they will attest that it is typically a couple of degrees colder than lake harmony and blakeslee.

When we would make the trip from Camelback the temps at Big Boulder parking lot were consistently 3 - 4 dgrees colder.

I don't know where that weather forecast is for, but for those who know Big Boulder they will attest that it is typically a couple of degrees colder than lake harmony and blakeslee.

When we would make the trip from Camelback the temps at Big Boulder parking lot were consistently 3 - 4 dgrees colder.

Big Boulder is in Lake Harmony...The lake itself is less than a mile away from BBs base and is probably the same elevation. Driving down to CB from Split Rock, I always noticed the increase in temps, sometimes as great as 8 degrees.

The geographical center of the Lake Harmony zip code is less than 1,000 feet from Big Boulder. It is all an extrapolation because they obviously don't have a forecast for every town, but if you compare the forecast for Lake Harmony and Blakeslee, all of the Lake Harmony temps are about 2 degrees colder. I'm sure if I tried a town closer to Camelback it would be even warmer. There is an elevation change that accounts for the difference. The top of Camelback and the top of Boulder are basically the same height, but the bottom of Boulder is about 400 feet higher than the bottom of Camelback. 1 degree F per 100 meters would be about 1.2 degrees + some differences in aspect to the sun would account for most of it.

It is going to be damn cold tonight, tomorrow, and sunday night.

Low of 14, 14, 22. Highs of 30, 28, 33. Almost 24 hour a day snowmaking for 3 days, they should make a good amount of snow. I wonder if at this point they will expand to new terrain or build that infamous big base on Boulder Park they need for the jumps or what. Snowmaking looks possible every night in the next week except for maybe Monday and next Saturday, if the forecasts can be believed.

My big questions, how many more trails are we going to see by the end of next week, I'm going to guess at least a few, and when will they start blowing at JF? If the first opening at another hill is going to be Nov 28th, Boulder could be half open. And by Dec 5th when the rest are opening, they could be 80-100%. I know they are smaller in total but they definitely are rolling out acres faster than anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
Some continuously (hopefully) updating forecasts for the area

Radar Loop

northeast_loop.gif

Day Time High

1. Today
  2. MaxT1_northeast.png
    Tomorrow
  3. MaxT2_northeast.png
    2 Days
  4. MaxT3_northeast.png

1. Night Time Low
    Tonight
  2. MinT1_northeast.png
    Tomorrow Night
  3. MinT2_northeast.png
    2 Nights
  4. MinT3_northeast.png

Text Forecasts

I wonder if they are getting rain or snow today

I wonder if they are getting rain or snow today

started as snow changed to light freezing rain. barely freezing. Temp was at 34 when we left. prolly an ice rink now at 8pm sunday. The good news is there is a huge base of natural and man made so if it doesn't get too cold it should chop up and groom out nicely.