Refunds

Timeless

I hear camelback were refunding tickets last night because it was too icy to ski safely :no

My boss drove his kid up from Jersey, was told they only had three runs open "because of the wind" but that they were going to open more during the evening. Then having paid for his ticket, the next three people in line were demanding refunds because it was too dangerous.

I didn't see any mention of this on the website, I would have been really pissed to have driven any distance for that... :angry:

I drove up from Philly last night...And it was wonderful :)

Had some training on raceway...Nice hard firm snow. Only problem was the gates were breaking right and left (and uhh up and down). Gates would get hit, and smack the snow (err hardpack) and just start to shatter. We broke about 15 our frist run down. That is an expesive night for someone :banghead

Anyway the good news for most people is under the hardpack, the snow is pretty soft. So after the groomed it out last night, there will be plenty of not hardpack stuff to ski on.

Personally, I would take those conditions all the time :D

I drove up from Philly last night...And it was wonderful :)

Had some training on raceway...Nice hard firm snow.  Only problem was the gates were breaking right and left (and uhh up and down).  Gates would get hit, and smack the snow (err hardpack) and just start to shatter.  We broke about 15 our frist run down.  That is an expesive night for someone :banghead

Anyway the good news for most people is under the hardpack, the snow is pretty soft.  So after the groomed it out last night, there will be plenty of not hardpack stuff to ski on.

Personally, I would take those conditions all the time :D

Doesn't sound so bad, maybe my boss was just being a little :ugh2gay:

Interesting idea. Cept you can fix broken gates. Use the bottom part that gets screwed into the snow, and just fix the pole part of it.

Also to the best of my knowledge, CB doesn't actully own the gates, The race program buys them all from money that people donated and stuff.

But I could be wrong about that.

The day of the wind was when things got cold and froze up. I hear the wind gusts at the top of the mountain were in the 70MPH range and they won't run the lifts in that kind of conditions. CB did do a mid/late day grooming to try and loosen up the place, something they never do.

Anyway Friday was pretty good and you should be all good for the weekend.

i wouldn't say great, as the front four were rubbish.  The best one, IMO was Asp, while it was ice, at least it had some sugar on top for some gription, Rocket/marjies were fine at 5, but scraped off completly by 7.  Cliffy was nice all nicel

You little girl.

I was out from 830 til closing, carvin' em down rocket. Just sharpen your edges, and take off your skirt :lol: