12/8/08

AtomicSkier

I got on the snow around 1:45. It was partly sunny, but temps were cold. I could hear the guns roaring from the parking lot. Skied down Mainstreet, slightly scraped off, but made two huge super-g turns down it, and catapulted onto main street, hanging on the left side yielded awesome carving snow, great for making GS turns all the way to the lift.

Talk about snowmaking assault! In 24 hours, Raceway has 12 foot piles on it, Burma has huge piles on it, Tuts lane is all groomed out, and Connector is ready to open. This window of snowmaking is awesome! I bet we'll see Challenge and Paradise (assuming they're blowing on it) open when the 6pack opens. STOKE!

I skied a quick 10 runs, about 6 of them being on Lazy mile, which was much improved over yesterday. Very gripped, smooth snow. Not too many people on it so I could make some turns on it. I switched over to main street for a few runs, and was starting to get cold as the sun went down. I stopped in the lodge for 10 minutes around 3:10 to warm my frozen toes up and get a hot chocolate. 10 minutes later I was back on the snow, my boots felt better then when I started the day.

Proceeded to do 7 more laws down mainstreet, which was smooth and very carvable. When I left it was freakin cold, but a good day at Blue. Conditions are improving daily, and they're going to be rapidly opening terrain as the week/weekend progresses. I won't be back at Blue until Friday due to studying/exams.