12/17 TR

Santa Clauss

So NF is still great wont go too deep into that, they left the piles on smoke which was cool, far left of main headwall has a huge mound of snow so you can literally cut across the trail from this mound, its hard to explain but its great. lightning, bumps getting better, cannonball, tons of crapy kickers on the sides, and boomer was great again.

hears the bad... so upper mountain! lift ride up, noticed that the "Dirtwork" for the pipe, basically meant they just made the base of the slope flatter and a more even slope. They didn't Barry the power line on the second headwall that is now hanging about <15 ft from the slope which they really should have because they could have made a great jump using the headwall as the landing saving tons of snow.

LIGHTS!!! please sno, if there was one thing you should have done in the off season it was to fix and/or put in new lights on mainline! it is horrendous, besides the fact that it was very foggy, you could barely see anything, lights still turning on and off randomly! its really pathetic, if someone gets hurt on that slope i could see another lawsuit because of the non existent lighting with the park features, I mean come on, spike and mainline are what the kids come to ride and you completely neglected to fix the damn lights.

The terrain park wasn't bad, first up is 3 small boxes back to back, pretty nice, first run through had about 20 kids hiking it. second is a single rail, couldn't even see the lip because of the poor lighting, next is a kicker to the last headwall, way too sketchy with the fog and lighting. after that is pretty much the same rail garden but without the spine at the end, i'm pretty sure that was it.

overall i'm really disappointed with the lighting situation, the worst part is i know theres like at least 20 brand new bright white lights just siting around in the snowmaking shop, like unless they were repossessed or something, thats just pure laziness tho, if the lighting blows, kids would probably go to boulder where the park is well lit, ya know, where they can see the damn features? and you already own the hardware! ohh yeah i think i remember they couldn't convince anyone to climb the towers or something. hey, didn't sno come on here bragging about dirt-work and lights?

Sno stop lying to us!

Two lights i noticed tonight (That i can remember) turning on and off were across from the top of lift 3 and another is at the intersection of smoke trail to boomer next to the large tower gun. thats for you management... please please fix your lights! ohh yea, it also stank like shit on top of the bunny slope. I just want to make sure your aware of your problems, by posting them publicly... maybe then you'll fix them?

I paid for my right to bitch...

I want everyone going to sno to look out for the magic lights and make them aware... because I don't know how else we can get them to fix them.

Here it is! October 15th,

"We want to ensure everyone that, while the terrain parks and half pipes are an area of emphasis in the beginning phases of snow making, we have a plan in place that will allow us to blanket the entire mountain along with the parks. Snow making quality and quantity will NOT suffer on the rest of the mountain as a result of the parks!!

Dirt work has been done on Loki's terrain park and the boarder cross course to hopefully help move up the opening of the parks. We have fixed some lighting problems and are in the process of adding lights to both parks."

Not that I've been there since opening day, but i'm kind of disappointed in what looks to be open there. Most mountains are nearing 100% and Sno hardly has anything open as of right now. I really can't see any good reason for this. If everyone else can do it why aren't we even moving forward in a trail count?

If everyone else can do it why aren't we even moving forward in a trail count?

They may be behind the curve, i don't know i don't go counting the trails open at other resorts. But, just as a heads up today there was 2 more trails (whistler, all of mainline) open along with 2 extra lifts(though you wouldn't know it from the conditions page on the website)..it may not be the whole mountain, but to say Sno isn't moving forward at all is a misstatement.

Yeah, I can assure everyone, sno is making snow every chance they get, the trails on nf are absolutely loaded with snow, could they have had more guns blasting? maybe, but it may have caused some neglect for the trails that are important, i would rather have 6 trails that can withstand another rain blast then 12 that get washed out...

I don't pay attention to other trails either.

But, just as a heads up today there was 2 more trails (whistler, all of mainline) open along with 2 extra lifts(though you wouldn't know it from the conditions page on the website)..it may not be the whole mountain, but to say Sno isn't moving forward at all is a misstatement.

Thats what threw me off then. I was going by what was on the conditions page and it only showed the bunny lift and the Phoebe Snow to be open.

... LIGHTS!!! please sno, if there was one thing you should have done in the off season it was to fix and/or put in new lights on mainline! it is horrendous, besides the fact that it was very foggy, you could barely see anything, lights still turning on and off randomly! its really pathetic, if someone gets hurt on that slope i could see another lawsuit because of the non existent lighting with the park features, I mean come on, spike and mainline are what the kids come to ride and you completely neglected to fix the damn lights.

No lights on Whistler please ... I like riding in the dark. :lol:

I'm not going to bother creating another TR topic because the it would be worthless seeing that the next time they will be open we should have at least 7 inches of the real stuff, but since i'm here i'll give one for your reading pleasure...

So the snow tonight was packed groomed and a little chunky towards 6, they were turning the guns on while i was leaving so thats good, its not there fault or anything but conditions last night were prime (IMO) depends what kinda conditions you like, me personally? i like carving hard and getting a good bite, exploring the terrain, goin off the trail ya know? so they groomed everything including lightning.

With the fog gone and the visibility back, i noticed that they did do some drainage fixes on spike, and it was hard to tell but there might be more than i first stated, its a little hard to tell from the lift, i'll let you know when i figure it out. or maybe someone who knows could correct me?

Lighting still sucks, (Compared to last night with the fog) if you hit the kicker on mainline, don't hit it fast, found out the hard way, you'll over shoot the landing, but conditions will change so much this info is basically out of date.

I really wish sno would really get all the guns they possibly could on, I don't know why there still blasting on nf when they could be trying to get other trails open (like spike) but maybe they'll hit that too tonight, i mean they could make snow every night for the next ten days, they could be fully opened by new years, that would be fantastic...

Lighting still sucks, (Compared to last night with the fog)

My mom was complaining about the lighting as well.. said the rails really snuck up on you coming down Mainline.

Welp.. I'll be up there tomorrow... finally!

Let me know who else is going, what time, and most importantly, what time you're quitting to go hit the bar. :D

I'll be up tomorrow, or maybe later on today. I can't decide whether to risk driving up there today, plus I have a holiday party tonight, so I would only have like an hour ski time today. Co-worker who already left today said that 81 is bad.

You're pretty hardcore if you're trying to squeeze skiing in between work and a party. :blink:

How much snow has scranton recieved? I'm about 40 min south and we have about 4-5 inches, but it has been toying with a sleety mix for the last couple hours.

I'm hoping it stayed all snow in scranton.

Heading up tomorrow am for some hopefully good skiing---- but i do have my skis in my car and there is a hill in back of my office......

Snoskier

Still all snow up here. About 8 inches I'm guessing.

Awesome

I had a friend call me from back home to go up to Sno today. He was telling me that it took him over an hour to drive from his house to his dad's shop, which is normally a 7 minute ride

I love snow.

ok i'm leaving now be there around 9:30. really green pants big white coat white crowbars white gloves, if you wanna hit the bar scream something at me, looks like the guns are still blasting i'll have my 157 rossi beater board, its red and white... i'll also have the banana.

Cool man.. I'lll look for you. I'm wearing a black jacket/gray pants (zzZZ I know).. So I'll try to keep an eye out for you.

I think Melissa still rocks something like a purple Spyder jacket.

See you up there.

Ya, I wear a purple spyder jacket and black pants. I had planned on going up today, but my roads are still not plowed and I don't know if I can get out. Right now I'm doing a bunch of cleaning, and after I knock out a bunch, I'll see if I can dig my car out. Kind of sucks, but at least I'm getting my cleaning done now so I can ski tomorrow. Okay, no one really needed to read all that, sorry!