12/30/08 Camelback TR

method9455

Got up to Camelback this morning for 9am, a hell of a lot of people there already it seemed, but after the first line dispersed we enjoyed about an hour and a half with no crowd since so many people were in line for tickets. Snow conditions were good, sugar for sure but groomed well and we didn't see it get scraped off anywhere until about 12. After about 12 it started to get crowded pretty quickly and we left at 1.

The Stevenson didn't open until 10, so we got over there right after it opened and had a few good runs before the masses shifted over there, but then it became significantly more crowded than the Sullivan so we shifted back. Overall the wind was a lot worse on the side by Stevenson but blue skies and warm weather made for decent weather.

The only trails missing were hump, cliffhanger, and the far right trail when you are looking at the hill from the bottom. Not bad for Dec 30th, and the base is thick. Decent grooming. The only disappointment was that they weren't running all the lifts. It was basically the two high speed, raceway, the park lift, and Laurel Glade. There are 3 other lifts that aren't running that usually help disperse the crowds.

Liftlines got to about 10 minutes by 12, but for the holidays it was about what I expected. There really were not crowds on the trails because they weren't running the other lifts.

We only went through the park twice, once down the small run and once down the big one. We didn't hit the medium trail. The park looks damn good and was well manicured. With park passes actually be enforced there was 0 line for the lift, and little traffic. There was corduroy in most of it when we left at 1. I would say it was probably the best condition park in PA at the time because I know Boulder and Blue are going to be over run with newbies, it was a blissful little uncrowded park and plenty to play on. Everything I hit seemed to be setup well and the jibs slid well. The wall ride looked pretty bad (need more vert on the transition!) and there were a bunch of little hips that were kind of boring (can't really air them out or you will die), but otherwise I was happy with it.

Nice TR. CB has been insanely busy this week but the park has been beautiful, I just wish they would put up a few more mellow flat boxes or rails on turkey trot, so much trail but not so many features. If they got rid of that roller after the mailbox bonk and the jump after it and put in a few jibs would be nice. That last jump is alright but it's dangerous theres no real way of telling if the person in front of you landed ok since you have to turn left into the jump. Theres also so much space after the flat down butter box and the two hip jumps where some mellow jibs can be placed. Forget riding CB this week if you want to get on a quad anytime past 10am but park passes have been working great and you can lap it rather quickly even though its so crowded.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Nice TR. CB has been insanely busy this week but the park has been beautiful, I just wish they would put up a few more mellow flat boxes or rails on turkey trot, so much trail but not so many features. If they got rid of that roller after the mailbox bonk and the jump after it and put in a few jibs would be nice. That last jump is alright but it's dangerous theres no real way of telling if the person in front of you landed ok since you have to turn left into the jump. Theres also so much space after the flat down butter box and the two hip jumps where some mellow jibs can be placed. Forget riding CB this week if you want to get on a quad anytime past 10am but park passes have been working great and you can lap it rather quickly even though its so crowded.

Your Screenname is the active ingrediant in my blistex chapsick.. Hmm weird.

Indeed it is, it's also in many other common products.

Indeed

"Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) is the most widely used silicon-based organic polymer, and is particularly known for its unusual rheological (or flow) properties. Its applications range from contact lenses and medical devices to elastomers, in shampoos (as dimethicone makes hair shiny and slippery), caulking, lubricating oils and heat resistant tiles.

PDMS is optically clear, and is generally considered to be inert, non-toxic and non-flammable. It is occasionally called dimethicone and is one of several types of silicone oil (polymerized siloxane)."

Also used in sillyputty I see.

how come their park sucks everytime i go?

When are you going? I always find parks suck after about 2pm on the weekends and 5pm on the weekdays due to the crowds, pretty much regardless of what the park crew can do to lips the landings can't be fixed without a snowcat and eventually break down. That is what ruins it for me more than anything else.

how come their park sucks everytime i go?

If you havnt gone yet this season than that explains it but go early in the day and its beautiful. I was there today and al the rails accept one were taken out of Rhodo and the fan guns were going so expect a rebuild in Rhodo really soon. The smaller park next to it is lacking features but they're all setup great and are still tons of fun. The table top on upper moores couldnt be more perfect of a practice jump.

i was up at camel back on the 29th, it was jus a bit icy. real nice park setup, better than bear or blue. . good jumps, not too big like bears for this early in season. only complaint would be they need rails that arnt all set up urban and fix the wallride. btw that rainbow to flat box thing flows so nice.

and for the park passes i think its a great idea. park was empty and i didnt have to wait in line at all. cept its a pain in the ass to have to get that pass out everytime u go to get on the lift.