Advice needed on snowboards

PAsnwboardr

Hey all,

A little while ago I posted a thread asking for advice on a new board and got some great advice. Well after some searching I have narrowed it down to a few boards and just want to get your opinions. I have shopped around at a few stores to get an idea of what i wanted but the sales people were no help. I have narrowed it down to the rome agent (a little over my budget), k2 darkstar, k2 zepplein (a little overbudget), or a ride prophet. Does anyone have any experience/opinions on any of these boards? I decided to stick with a board around 156cm and go with an all around board since i mostly do trails and sometimes park. As of right now i'm leaning more towards the zepplein. Is there any other boards I should check out? I'm trying to spend no more than 400 bucks. Again thanks for all the help

Edited by PAsnwboardr

my 2 cents...

i'm not a big ride guy myself, i feel as though they are a little overpriced, so i dont have any experience with the prophet. and the k2 zeppelin ive always thought was a little stiff for my liking, so never ridden that one either.

the other 2 i have more experience with. i have an older agent and have ridden last years a little. i've always liked this board. solid construction and good flex. stiff enough for cruising and stable enough for big jumps, yet soft enough for rails as well. and then there is the darkstar which i currently ride paired with some Rome 390's and am very happy with. i rode the '08 152 last year and the '09 155 this year. both pretty kickass boards. the flex is just right, and i love it in the park. its slightly softer than the agent, which is slightly softer than something like a ride dh. i rode the 155 in vermont this year and it handled everything from double blacks, mellow cruisers, to trees with ease, even with a centered park stance. overall i dont think you can go wrong with the darkstar, especially for only $400. the only problems ive had was last year's topsheet peeled really bad, so i got that warrantied. this years seems a little better, still peels a little. but i seem to break boards often and i am alot tougher on my stuff than most. either the agent or the darkstar would be a good choice.

if your ever at bear creek and you want to give it a test ride let me know...

Edited by Oakley21

I wouldn't really class the zeppelin as an all around board. Thats more freeride. Super stiff, mainly made for ripping hard, not geared towards park at all. Agent is a solid choice. I rode one, and i loved it. You could also consider the K2 Jibpan, I loved that thing, so much fun.

I wouldn't really class the zeppelin as an all around board. Thats more freeride. Super stiff, mainly made for ripping hard, not geared towards park at all. Agent is a solid choice. I rode one, and i loved it. You could also consider the K2 Jibpan, I loved that thing, so much fun.

i agree with you there. and pasnwboardr, you may want to do a little more research and decide what kind of board you really want and what would fit, i feel like your options are all over the spectrum...

i agree with you there. and pasnwboardr, you may want to do a little more research and decide what kind of board you really want and what would fit, i feel like your options are all over the spectrum...

My thought exactly.

Zeppelin- Freeride

Agent- Stiffer park board

Darkstar- Good mid flexing park board

Prophet- Comparable to a dark star

I haven't ridden the darkstar, but loved the Jibpan, agent was also really fun.

A guy in the shop i work at, swears by the Zeppelin, but he isn't exactly someone who rides park. More of just going out and ripping turns.

Thanks for all the help guys. Yea i know my picks are all over the spectrum i went to a few different shops and everyone told me different things whether a board was freeride or freestyle, its my first real board I bought since my previous one my brother gave me. But if anything i think i will go with last years agent i have heard nothing but good things from them. I mostly ride trails but do park about 20%-30% of the time and it seems like the agent would be a good board for that. Thanks for all the advice

Thanks for all the help guys. Yea i know my picks are all over the spectrum i went to a few different shops and everyone told me different things whether a board was freeride or freestyle, its my first real board I bought since my previous one my brother gave me. But if anything i think i will go with last years agent i have heard nothing but good things from them. I mostly ride trails but do park about 20%-30% of the time and it seems like the agent would be a good board for that. Thanks for all the advice

I'd def. go with the Agent. I'm not a huge K2 fan to begin with because I've seen a lot issues with their boards, like delam and edge pulls, and their customer service is horrible to deal with.

Thanks again for all the advice, One more question I went to the local board shop and they said that the agent was really only meant for park and not so much trails. I don't know if this is right. I checked out the agent and really liked what I saw. Since I mostly do trails about 70% of the time i'm wondering if the agent would be a good pick for going mostly trail riding than park riding. I'm just starting to get into the whole park thing. Thanks again for all your advice it has really helped me