Where can I get decent Demos

Papasteeze

Hey guys,

I want my kid to try some various types of high end skis. I got a set of 138cm Fischer RC4's for him very recently and the improvement was obvious. After scrutinizing some photos http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.d...photos?a=181436 I have decided that something stiffer and a little longer may suit him better. Only he will be able to tell me - obvious problem - who caters to a racers needs? A try before you buy type of thing.. Can't and don't want to wait for a demo day.... OR DUMB QUESTION>>> Does anyone have a set of stiff 145cm Atomics at 11m??

I don't know they have demos for a 10 year old tho....Come to think of it, Mt. Hood is the only place I have seen Race skis for demos in sizes under 150....

Anyway let us know how it goes.

Dude, I was thinking that my request might be unreasonable.. Keep your ears and eyes open for any Junior racers that might want to part with theirs in the near future...

When I snap them together for carrying the base of skis nearly touch each other at the binding - there is no or little camber to them..

I know Atomics, at least, are famous for how much camber they have. Perhaps that is why they are so hard to interlock w/ the ski brakes. Good luck in the search though. You really think its the equipment thats holding him back? You just got those skis for him you said. If his NASTAR times continue to improve, the skis aren't holding him back. :)

I know Atomics, at least, are famous for how much camber they have.  Perhaps that is why they are so hard to interlock w/ the ski brakes.  Good luck in the search though.  You really think its the equipment thats holding him back?  You just got those skis for him you said.  If his NASTAR times continue to improve, the skis aren't holding him back.  :)

Hey Atomic,

He hasn't been held back by any means as evidenced by this long summary - read on if you are interested.

I have a pair of Beta 918's - and anymore, it is too much ski for me. I can tell a huge difference between my Line 165cm all mountain and those 170cm Atomics.

Ridge has not had any formal race training he only has his own intuition and gear. The progession throughout this season has been amazing, using the Nastar Handicap system as a guage. (71 races) Keep in mind that he asks me what he can do to win in Utah. He built a run on a 100' verticle and skiied well into the dark last night. He runs up and down stairs with a backpack of dumb bells.. This kid is pumped!!

Here is my reasoning using GUESSTIMATED averages of his daily Handicap over 10 timed racing days.

1. 39avg. - His score at the start of the season - much faster than last year.

2. 30avg - After 6 days of freesking in Tahoe - scores noticibly improved.

3. 27avg - He now has 5 days of running the gates on Nastar courses.

4. 30avg - Appears to be have plateau'ed at Bear Creek (short course)

5. 26avg - On new Fischers, best score was the his last run (13th) at 23.75! :lol

6. 23avg - After spending day with Skidude at CB - Tell GUS I said "Thanks!"

7. 22avg - Last Tuesday night at BC with speed suit. Best score 20.55! :rock

Midway through this season he commented that was noticing that kids were skiing on Atomics or Fischers, so simple economics led me to purchase the Fischers via Ebay. I had no idea that the improvement would be so substantial. I am betting in analyzing the mechanics of the different skis and photos of him, that a stiffer ski will perform better - he appears to have the strength.. I am also noticing that he can now tell the difference between skis. I don't let him use the Fischers 11m for freeskiing, he uses his Crossmax 140cm 14m. He skied on an old set of straight Elans 135 last night and complained. he loves those Fischers - I am betting that he will love a set of high tech flashy set of Atomics even more and MAKE them go faster.. Besides thats what BODE skis on correct? This is all guesswork on my part - I/we just won't know until we try.

We have a month before Utah and as a overly proud Dad (and Coach) I just want to make sure that he has gotten all that I can give him in preparation for his big race day. Poles gloves and new goggles are on the list - so at least he will look like a top notch racer. :lol

I am thinking he should try a 140 - 145cm with 13m radius.. We won't know until he tries them whether he likes them..

I would love to hear every ones thoughts - I would be happy to forward the albums to anyone who would like to advice. CB or Shawnee this Sat. for Ridge - Steven should be at BB & JF

I need a new nick - any suggestions?

Rob

Some kids on our race team leave there skis bases up, and hung between 2 tables...They think it will make the cambers go the other way....One kid was even thinking about tieing a weight to his binding...Not sure if it works, but its deffinatly an interesting idea.

Some kids on our race team leave there skis bases up, and hung between 2 tables...They think it will make the cambers go the other way....One kid was even thinking about tieing a weight to his binding...Not sure if it works, but its  deffinatly an interesting idea.

See..... then I am on the right track.. Hey dude, are you skiing at CB tomorrow? Think any one with a 145cm might let my kid take a run or 2 - I am striking out on finding a new set of GS11.1 at 140cm locally - Any ideas??

None of the demos are race skis...They are just high end skis (expert/higher intermediate)...But They are all like 160cm+

Is Ridge going to ski with us again, or just freeski then do nastar?

Free ski then Nastar more than likely...

I got a pair of Race 310 bindings donated!!!!! Ski999 pointed me to a pair of GS11.2 at $99!!! I ain't passin up this deal gotta Run!!!