01/24/09 The Official PASR Day @ JF

sexkitten

First let me say how much fun it was meeting up with the PASR crowd for the second weekend in a row. For anyone who hasn't made it out to a PASR day I suggest that you try and make it to at least one this year. They really are a lot of fun. Anyway... I had some trouble getting out of bed so Bob and I didn't get to the Mt. until 8:30. By then all of the upper lots and 50% of the lower lots were full. Not a great way to start the day but there was no way we were bailing so we booted up and trudged up to the lodge. The lodge itself and surrounding areas were crawling with people but surprisingly there didn't seem to be that many people on the snow. Some clouds and a light wind had started to kick up but the temps weren't anything close to last week so we didn't really need the astronaut gear. Since it wasn't barely 9:00 Bob and I decided to do some of the Blue runs off of the lift by the grill. The snow was soft hard pack if that makes any sense. There was still a ton of untracked corduroy left on the sides of the trails and it was somewhat fast. Very fun! Unfortunately when we got to the bottom of the 1st run we were greeted with a mile long lift line. Why JF wouldn't have both lifts running is beyond me but whatever... they did eventually. On the second run the cloud cover thickened and it actually started to snow which was lovely. After the 2nd run we met up with the PASR gang and a barely booted up ThinkSnow who had just arrived, had some friends with him and needed some more time. We agreed to meet back up at 10:00 and then we were off. We did a couple of runs on the Blues off of the double lift by the grill then met up with Greg and his friend sans the girls who were over in the Greens. We proceeded to hit most of the blues and some of closer blacks before traversing back over to the grill area to meet up with Think's wife and their friend Laurie who only had 1 prior day on skis under her belt. Since we had a beginner in the crew we pretty much stayed on the blues and even ventured over to the Greens which were fun in a slow sort of way. We broke for lunch around 11:15 just as the snow stopped. Of course we were not able to find a table for 2 let alone 8 in the crowded ass lodge so we tried the bar. Typical of me I had left my ID in the car and had to tromp all the way back out to get it but it was worth it as the bar was somewhat less crowded. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a ski lodge outside of BC so damn busy. 40 Minutes and a belly full of bar food later we were back on the snow. We did a bunch of Blue runs then the boys minus one went to hit East Mt. for a couple of high speed runs. Once they left the girls +1 skied the crap out of Exhibition and Dante's. Around 2:00 we met back up... conditions were still pretty good but things were begining to get skied off and most of us were tired so we made the decision to bail. We had planned on hitting the bar for a farewell drink but of course we couldn't find a single seat so we threw in the towel. Overall it was a really nice day on the snow with some new people for 1/2 the price. Yay PASR days!!

Thanks for the TR! It was definitely a good time yesterday, I always enjoy meeting up with people from the site. I finally got to meet both Capt_Dave and Mixilplix for the first time, a couple of knuckledraggers, but we didn't mind. I like when Sexkitten comes to the PASR days, she makes us slow down and chill a bit, and none of the guys has the balls to argue with her. Anyway, yesterday was fun, and Blue on 2/7 is bound to be even better!

...Unfortunately when we got to the bottom of the 1st run we were greeted with a mile long lift line. Why JF wouldn't have both lifts running is beyond me but whatever... they did eventually. ...

Just before you get to the double chair, there is a cross over run to skier's right that takes you to the triple chairs. You can hit everything off of the triple chairs, on the west side, by using that cross over. The lines at the triple chairs go quicker and tend to be a little shorter.

We made it as far as the parking lot at JF - and then left to go over to BB. I have never seen it so crowded at JF as it was on Saturday. We couldn't even find a parking spot. When we saw the sign at the lodge that said "Welcome Racers!" we said, buh-bye to JF for the day. LOL! Boulder was much easier to deal with and the conditions were nice. One of these days I'll meet another PASRer!

I like when Sexkitten comes to the PASR days, she makes us slow down and chill a bit, and none of the guys has the balls to argue with her.

I might have to run away with you. Haha. Ya know... we don't have to mosey but balls to the wall 100% of the time tends to scare people away. You boys can ski double blacks, on one ski if it pleases you, all day long when you're on your own but on PASR days I think it's better to try and include everyone no matter their skill level. We did hit some of the stuff on East Mt. BTW. I'm not a total stick in the mud damn it. Haha.