2/1 was awesome.

AtomicSkier

This has been a great weekend of skiing. Friday was nice, Saturday was great, and Sunday was just as good as Sat, but warmer :)

Pulled into the lower lot mad early, booted up inside, and was in line at 7:45am waiting. There was a J4/5 race on Razors, so it was closed well before 8am. First 4 runs were down a very nicely groomed Challenge. I then did 3 runs on Dreamweaver, which was pretty nice today. Smooth snow, and reasonably grippy. I was on my slalom skis so smooth was the name of the game. I then hit up Main Street, which was the trail of the day yesterday, and well, it was again today. Grippy smooth snow all the way down to Midway allowed me to push my SL:120000s to the max. Sweet. I then alternated between Dreamweaver and Main Street. It was pretty crowded, the most I've personally seen this year (but I haven't skied too many weekends at Blue). But the season pass holder's line kept things moving. I skied a few runs with a kid named Mike who was on Freeriders when Trev was the coach, and former Blue Mtn racer. We then met up with the jibhonks Justo, BMtrouble, his blue jacketed friend, and Skier112.

Stevo was in the house today, but he didn't swim before coming to work today. Park Crue has the park looking great. The snow sucks in the park, but can't have everything. The drainage pipe has to be my favorite. That thing makes the most awesome sound in the world, thanks to Justo and Skier112.

Temps were cold to start the day (below 20) and by the time I left, it was sunny and warm. I pulled out of the lot just before 12pm, very satisfied with the skiing today. Blue Mountain is the only place in PA where you can touch the sky. Hopefully we get dumped on Tuesday :)

I was impressed with the conditions as well. I saw you on Dreamweaver this morning. I really wanted to ski the course, it looked so nice.

One thing though, what is the point of the VIP line in the quad?? They were not checking passes and it was just another line for everyone to crowd in. Overall it was a great day!

I went to Blue today at noon and the parking lots were totally full and we could not find any parking.

There were cars parked all the way out the parking lots along the main road coming into the lots.

We didn't stay 10 minutes. My mission was to buy 2 tubing tickets for a school gift.

It was so crowded at tubing we skipped the lower lot and went up to the main lodge which

was even worse.

I wasn't there to ski but just wondered what actual skiing is like with that many people.

I know its the peak of ski season on a weekend but this was nuts.

How early do you have to get there .... just to get a parking space?

I went to Blue today at noon and the parking lots were totally full and we could not find any parking.

There were cars parked all the way out the parking lots along the main road coming into the lots.

We didn't stay 10 minutes. My mission was to buy 2 tubing tickets for a school gift.

It was so crowded at tubing we skipped the lower lot and went up to the main lodge which

was even worse.

I wasn't there to ski but just wondered what actual skiing is like with that many people.

I know its the peak of ski season on a weekend but this was nuts.

How early do you have to get there .... just to get a parking space?

The VIP line was still pretty short at noon. I was enjoying uninterrupted runs down Main Street at that time.

I got there at 8 and ran Midway -> Mainstreet down to the 6-pack. I heard about the race yesterday so I knew Razors would be closed right away. Lapped Challenge 4 times or so before running a couple down Lazy. Things got crazy starting around 10 so I stayed mostly on Challenge. By 1:00 the snow on Challenge was getting scraped off so I went and found the only other uncrowded place on the mountain which seemed to be the bumps. Lift lines were getting to me and even the passholder line was taking a while. Was 45F by the time I left at 3:00. Excellent day...