Braving the Crowds

noofus

Who's gonna brave it?

I will be there Saturday and Sunday for opening bell. Likely to ditch around 11:30 when the busses from NY start rolling in...

Last year I was taking a break at the base and was sitting on a bench. Some fat lady sat on me and exclaimed in a thick Brooklyn accent "Oh I didnt see anyone there!" No appology, just the exclamation...

Get ready for the moving slalom course that gets set up on Lazy Mile :D

Every midwinter weekend at Blue is like a Holiday weekend..lol..at least this season..wow Blue is making some serious money..

Oh but the VIP line makes this so much more bearable!

I wonder if its going to help with crowds this weekend though since people think VIP line applies to them even with a day ticket.

When they were running the races last week at Blue and it was crowded they actually posted a guy at the VIP line and checked passes! Awesome!

I think there will once again be a ticket checker in the VIP line...personally with the 6-pack and quad running with full capacity..the trails are just way to freaking crowded..At least you can get a few empty runs first thing but with the 8AM opening I lose 4 empty runs compared to when they opened at 730AM on weekends and holidays..anyway I'm getting changed for skiing right now..

I like to start on Lazy Mile for the most part when its empty. When that starts getting crowded, I move to Challenge and Razors. When the power-wedgers get onto those in full force, I head for Barneys.

I find that Challenge and Razors get crowded a little later, I guess it takes some people time to work up the courage to power-wedge down them.

Doing things in that order lets me extend my day when its crowded an extra hour or so... (OK so that means bailing at 11:30 instead of 10:30)

I am going to try and hit Blue either Sat or Sun depending on how a certain purchase does or does not pan out.

This will be 2 weekends in a row skiing the true mountain ... I don't think that I have ever done that.

Well the purchase didn't pan out (probably better for my wallet) so I am shooting for opening Saturday morning until the lines become unreal.