Rome anthem or agent?

PAsnwboardr

Hey all,

Its getting toward the end of the season and i'm still in need of a decent board. Though i am still unsure which board to get. I had my heart set on an agent but the only hesitation i have about it is that i heard the top layer peels and its not too good for all mountain riding. I heard the anthem is still much better for all mountain riding and does well in the park. I ride 70% trails and 30% park but that could change by next season. I weight around 165 lbs. and am around 5'10". I am definitely going to pick one or the other. I know most people on here have more experience with these boards than what I do, so any opinions? Thanks all

Hey all,

Its getting toward the end of the season and i'm still in need of a decent board. Though i am still unsure which board to get. I had my heart set on an agent but the only hesitation i have about it is that i heard the top layer peels and its not too good for all mountain riding. I heard the anthem is still much better for all mountain riding and does well in the park. I ride 70% trails and 30% park but that could change by next season. I weight around 165 lbs. and am around 5'10". I am definitely going to pick one or the other. I know most people on here have more experience with these boards than what I do, so any opinions? Thanks all

Ride DH paired with Ride Beta bindings money! :) I havn't rode the Anthem or the Agent but I have an Artifact and enjoy it but its super soft and after 2 seasons of riding it the sidewall started to seperate but it still ride fine. I've heard nothing but good things about the Agent havn't heard much about the Anthem.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I rode an agent for a bit this year. Loved it. It can still handle free riding quiet well, as it's on the stiffer side of the spectrum when it comes to park. The anthem is going to be better at freeriding since it's set back a bit, but won't do park stuff as well, and is going to be a bit stiffer.

ok thanks for all the suggestions i think i'll most likely go with the agent even though i'm still a little unsure because i heard the top layer peels off but overall i think it will be the board i go with instead of the anthem. thanks again

If you are worried about the Agents than there are plenty of similar boards that you would like : K2 jibpan , K2 Darkstar , Never Summer Evo- R

, Never Summer SL - R, Ride DH, to name a few. I ride the Darkstar and Jibpan and like them both. The Jibpan is probably my favorite board, so much fun to ride and does everything well. I might be selling the Darkstar because I ride the Jibpan more often. The Never Summers have a form of reverse camber on them but are still pretty stable because they us regular camber as well. My next board is most likely going to be A Never Summer Evo-R..