It generated competitive spirit and race energy.  :lol

GO RIDGE

GO NJSKIFAMILY

GO 'DUDE

GO '999

GO ATOMIC

:rock

:yes

We just don't want things turning into a thread bashing people (which that was). Competition is great, but let's not let us start putting people's abilities, talents, and achievements down. Last I'll post in this topic.

The people that poke fun at each other--- sometimes getting really mean--- are mostly friends that go way back, through a few generations of message boards. Most of them, including me, ended up here because we were thrown off of other boards (DaveK is a big fat doughnut hound).

Good luck with NASTAR. You may want to call ahead to make sure they are setting a course. I hate to use the 'getting late in the season' phrase, but some ski areas start scaling back NASTAR at the end of February.

The people that poke fun at each other--- sometimes getting really mean--- are mostly friends that go way back, through a few generations of message boards. Most of them, including me, ended up here because we were thrown off of other boards (DaveK is a big fat doughnut hound).

Good luck with NASTAR. You may want to call ahead to make sure they are setting a course. I hate to use the 'getting late in the season' phrase, but some ski areas start scaling back NASTAR at the end of February.

That's really good advice to call ahead. I called CB this morning and the response was that they don't have any specific cut-off date. That said, the race only runs if they can get enough staff on any particular day. So the advice was call on the day you're planning to come.

Oh, I remember reading when you all were getting thrown off of "someone else's" message board. Lots of discussion on "freedom of speech" I seem to remember.

Oh, I remember reading when you all were getting thrown off of "someone else's" message board.  Lots of discussion on "freedom of speech" I seem to remember.

We are not against freedom of speech, we aren't trying to censor anyone. The topic was locked due to lack of meaningful content, it just became meaningless bickering. All sides stated their views, in some cases multiple times, and there really wasn't new info coming from the thread, just hate.

My confusion here.....I was talking about last winter on cb's message board when everyone kept getting banned and some were let back on and then re-banned again all leading to the creation of "therealcb" and then finally pasr.

I wasn't referring to any censorship on this board. I was just commenting on ski999's comment about you all being together through a few generations of message boards.

Oh, I remember reading when you all were getting thrown off of "someone else's" message board.  Lots of discussion on "freedom of speech" I seem to remember.

Freedom of speech was not impeded at all. People were allowed to speak freely, and nothing was edited or deleted. As I've been telling people a lot recently, we really only take action in one of 2 situations. 1) if what is going on is illegal, and could result in legal action against us or you, or 2) if members are being bashed. We will not tolerate having any of our members attacked, this has nothing to do with freedom of speech, but think about the kids who are being told they have no talent... That is all.. We will continue to allow people to what they will about anything going on with PA skiing, but the moment things turn to unreasonably attacking someone's talents, goals, or achievements, action needs to be taken.

I hope you understand if the bashing is ever coming in your direction.

My confusion here.....I was talking about last winter on cb's message board when everyone kept getting banned and some were let back on and then re-banned again all leading to the creation of "therealcb" and then finally pasr.

I wasn't referring to any censorship on this board.  I was just commenting on ski999's comment about you all being together through a few generations of message boards.

Naaaa, my confusion. I am so confused :yes

I hijacked the thread and took it off on another tangent...

As far as The freedom of speech thing goes.. Every one who spoke, spoke freely to the best of my knowledge. Its just that someone burned the text and that is a freedom too... This board is a very good one.. Everyone spoke and had their fun. Playtime was over. No need for anyone "new" to read all of that string..

Getting close to time to head north... Blue on Saturday, Camelhump on Sunday - unless they tell me that they are not running Nastar, in which case it will probably be JFBB to run up with some friends.

Naaaa, my confusion. I am so confused :yes

I hijacked the thread and took it off on another tangent... 

As far as The freedom of speech thing goes.. Every one who spoke, spoke freely to the best of my knowledge. Its just that someone burned the text and that is a freedom too... This board is a very good one.. Everyone spoke and had their fun. Playtime was over. No need for anyone "new" to read all of that string..

Getting close to time to head north...  Blue on Saturday, Camelhump on Sunday - unless they tell me that they are not running Nastar, in which case it will probably be JFBB to run up with some friends.

Camelback sunday eh? Maybe I'll see you there. :wiggle

I wasn't referring to any censorship on this board.  I was just commenting on ski999's comment about you all being together through a few generations of message boards.

Ha, it's great when your message board administrators are a little crazy. :yes:yes