03-16-09 TR JF

Robert2

Was it JADIP??? How late is Jack Frost staying open??

JADIP. From looking at my stats from past years, this is typically the last week. Two years ago, there was a foot of snow on St. Patrick's day and I remember hardly anybody skiing. They closed shortly after that and there was more snow at that time, then there is now. Around here, people just seem to disappear in March...it's a shame. From asking around today, nothing official has been set.

In past seasons, Lehigh seemed to be one of the trails that would lose snow and have to be closed. Today, Lehigh had the best snow, especially first thing B) .

YES

I must agree there.....

Lehigh really was groomed nice today.

They said they had to push snow up from the lower part of Lehigh to maintain the headwall

so there sometimes is different contour to the runout.

Either way....

today I had one of my fastest rides of the season on Lehigh and its not what I expected at all.

Exhibition had some glacier ice at the entrance on top but the hill itself had nice snow all the way

down.

I could easily find sweet spots for long runs in the middle or on the right side near the trees

that still had cord or non-sticky powder until about 2PM.

The few places getting nasty were easily avoidable because its such a wide hill.

We still have great groomed cord.

groomed cord, in PA? Really??? damn, I never would have expected that! :D

I expected lots more glacier crap

ahhh, the elusive Pennsylvania glaciers

sorry, i am in a sarcastic mood today

Edited by jordan

The lady at the ticket window on Sunday told the guy in front of me that Sunday 3-22 was the last day.

You'll still have Boulder. Any word on when Boulder plans on staying open until and or are they offering any discounts on tickets?