TR: Killington 4/4/09

RootDKJ

Date(s) Skied: 4/4/2009

Resort or Ski Area: Killington

Conditions: Variable snow, snow/sleet/rain at different times. Winds 25-40+mph.

Trip Report: A tough day for Killington. Hard rain on/off the day before. While getting breakfast, it had started snowing. Drove up to Snowshed, cashed in my voucher and skied over to K1. No real lines but the lift was running super slow due to the wind. Skied a few off K1, NRT and Snowdown. Good snow in the top half on the mountain, but very wet on the lower half. I'd say there were 2-3 inches on top that was real nice. After a while I skied down to Skye Ship, only to find the Gondi not running, so onwards to BMMC. Pretty empty. I'm sure the weather didn't help. After I was done skiing, I took a drive over to Bear, but it was even more deserted than before. I got a really close parking spot so I decided to stay. I watched the comp for about 20 mins and then left.

Went over to the Long Trail Brewery for a bowl of Chilli and a Blackbeary. Best part of the day.

Superstar

IMG_0004.jpg

Rime

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Rime (while on the NRT)

IMG_0008.jpg

Mousetrap

IMG_0015.jpg

Others

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

BMMC

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

I guess you didn't stay and watch the bands then? It looks like they have pretty good coverage still. I was up for the comp two years ago and they had much less snow.

Root, I spent the entire weekend moping around the house thinking I had made the wrong decision on whether to go or not, now I feel better. :D Of course I'm watching the weather right now to see if Stowe is still in the cards this weekend.

Way to keep the season alive Root...

Regretting that I packed my stuff up this weekend...when boulder is still open and K-ton open until may-2

Thanks. Unpack your stuff ;)

I guess you didn't stay and watch the bands then? It looks like they have pretty good coverage still. I was up for the comp two years ago and they had much less snow.

Root, I spent the entire weekend moping around the house thinking I had made the wrong decision on whether to go or not, now I feel better. :D Of course I'm watching the weather right now to see if Stowe is still in the cards this weekend.

Sunday was probabily pretty good. If it wasn't for the pre-bmmc safety meeting, I never would have lasted there 20 minutes. When you see the Stratton TR, you'll see why :D

nice. i'm jealous of people still making trips... but i cant lie, i'm pretty content with the weather we are having now and being able to run/bike outside in the warm sun for once.

I'm looking forward to sleeping late next weekend.