Wide board

romemadman

I'm in the market for a new board, my rome machine is about 4 years old and has logged in more days than imaginable but i have taken care of it seeing as though it was my only board. I am looking for a wide based board for more of all mountain rather than park like my rome, i will use that if i feel a park day. Any suggestions from anyones riding experiences. Just havent had to time to research a new board with working 40-50 hour weeks.

and if anyone has ridden the salomon boots that reduce your foot size by a full inch, what is your take on them beacause if i buy those i could ride any board

Also mostly riding vermont, stowe to be exact. and the occasional bluemtn trip on breaks from school.

thanks guys

I'm in a pair of the Salomon boots, the F20s I believe, they definitley make your foot narrower which is cool, and they are not nearly as long as other boots but for my size 13 foot I am still on a wide board with them. Definitely the most comfortable boots I've ever had too. As for boards I'm on an all mountian Salomon Patrol right now and am loving it. An inch of setback with the tail just a hair wider than nose. I don't know all the specs of it off the top of my head but it is definitely a very light, thin and responsive board that I'm loving right now.

What size boot are you in now?

If your shrinking your foot a size with a smaller boot, then you could probably get on a normal sized board. My buddy rides a rome agent with f22's and he's a size 12.

my boot size currently in a Salomon dialogue is a 10.5 but very snugg, could be an 11 so i guess perhaps i could ride a normal size board with those boots

the main thing i am concerned about is the f22's drying after a spring day

anyone have any days on some on the wide dinosaurs wil die board

my boot size currently in a Salomon dialogue is a 10.5 but very snugg, could be an 11 so i guess perhaps i could ride a normal size board with those boots

the main thing i am concerned about is the f22's drying after a spring day

anyone have any days on some on the wide dinosaurs wil die board

I've got a size 10 boot from about 5yrs ago (aka no small footprint thinger), and I've never had an issue with toe or heal drag. So if you rock an 11 with a small footprint your looking at the same thing as me. Unless you have both binding set a 0degrees you should be fine. I'm at -12 and 15 and i'm fine.