Blu opening thursday the 17th

bluebomber19

Rumor has it that Mountain Creek is going to announce they are opening on 12/16, one day before Blue. :banghead

If that actually happens, what a joke. Mountain Creek has worth weather than Blue by far, it is comparable to or worse than Bear Creek. And they have to cover way more trail to get open so that's not an excuse either. I think the shortest route they open with is about the length of paradise.

If that actually happens, what a joke. Mountain Creek has worth weather than Blue by far, it is comparable to or worse than Bear Creek. And they have to cover way more trail to get open so that's not an excuse either. I think the shortest route they open with is about the length of paradise.

From...http://www.mountaincreek.com/mountain_info/mountain_report/index.htm

It was the best of times; it was… the BEST of times. Today's weather was absolutely phenomenal for snowmaking. Cold and dry – just how we like it. Close to 185 snowguns have been running nonstop laying down a solid base. Our *plan* is to open South littered with freestyle features from summit to base. We're shooting to open Wednesday the 16th, but it's ultimately up to the fickle beast we lovingly refer to as Mother Nature. You keep your fingers crossed, and we'll keep the updates coming. -Halley

Why else would they open on a Wednesday if not to rub it in Blue's face?

Edited by RootDKJ

Jeez, all the time they have to blow snow I wouldn't be surprised if they have a 24' inch base on the 17th or damn close to it...... Great first time in history they open up with a good base and lots of trails but it's too damn late in the season no.gif if the east coast EDIT: Pennsylvania, could open Resorts with a good base (around 24') and more than 10 trails and be open by the 1st of December every year that would be the shit. So that would mean snow making temps by mid-early November.... Dosen't sound to far off but compared to this year.......

I'm going out on a limb here.. I didn't get up to Blue since Monday so I haven't talked to anyone yet about what trails they want to open but I bet they will have 3/4 of the Mountain open for Opening day if they don't Jim & Barbara needs their heads examined... Anyone else think the same?

Edited by Nidecker25

Jeez, all the time they have to blow snow I wouldn't be surprised if they have a 24' inch base on the 17th or damn close to it...... Great first time in history they open up with a good base and lots of trails but it's too damn late in the season no.gif if the east coast EDIT: Pennsylvania, could open Resorts with a good base (around 24') and more than 10 trails and be open by the 1st of December every year that would be the shit. So that would mean snow making temps by mid-early November.... Dosen't sound to far off but compared to this year.......

Oh I didn't know about more f'in Rain on it's way for Tomorrow... Ugh.