Hunter TR

moe ghoul

Left Philly @2:30am on thursday, pulled into hunter lot @ 6:15am and crashed for an hour. Temps in the mid 20's, occasional windgusts to 20 mph, partly sunny. Picked up my 3X lift ticket and rode snowlite lift up. Snow and coverage was packed manmade with some natural mixed in. Skied hellgate and beltway all day. Hooked up with matt242 + nhiles from TGR for a few runs before lunch. A few lower sections of the above mentioned runs had A cup size bumps, otherise plenty of groomed/rippled surface. Lunched at the tailgate, turducken soup, turkey/cranberry chutney sammy, hot cider and a Stoudt's Pils. Lapped the same 2 runs until 2:30 and in to the lodge. Skied my LP 90's: one word review: a very fine ski for current conditions. will be interested to see how they do in deeper snow. Met ed drum from AZ, took a nap in the mancave, dinner @ Poncho Villa tamales, tacitos, enchilada, margaritas. decent Mexican, kept me warm in my mummy bag last nite. Crashed around 9pm, was running on fumes with only a couple hours sleep yesterday. Up at 3:30am, grabbed a decaf @Cumberland Farms, read a little Powder mag, now postwhoring, emailing, checking bloomberg. Waiting for mountain to open. currently 16 degrees, gusty, clear skies, snow guns running. Crowds were ok, no lift line wait. Out.

• Like 2

Nice TR Moe. You are out getting some while the rest of us are sleeping.

Dexter Rutecki from Aspen Extreme, "Me and my friend have a little place at the base of the mountain."

Hot chick, "Well, maybe I can come over and see it some time."

Dexter Rutecki, "Yeah, either that or we can drive it over."

That's probably the best line from that epic little movie

Nice TR Moe

How was hanging out with Nihles, that dude is crazy funny online.

After eating at Poncho Villa's, I bet you had to air out the Moetel a bit :blink:

Great report, buddy. Keep 'em coming.

dude, it's a natural organic way to kill bedbugs. It's an epidemic out there!

After eating at Poncho Villa's, I bet you had to air out the Moetel a bit :blink:

Great report, buddy. Keep 'em coming.

dude, it's a natural organic way to kill bedbugs. It's an epidemic out there!

Friday was pretty sweet, they opened up a few more runs including Eisenhower which I ended up skiing all day. It was a perpetual powder day with the guns blowing continuously and few peeps skiing it. Cold and sunny, we got an inch of fresh Thursday nite, no new snow last nite. Skied til 2. Dinner at Van Winkle's, cavatelli, fennel sausage and broc Rabe dish. Got fairly ripped and went out back and started a bonfire in the firepit. Then they sent some shlub out with a cart full of wood. I then proceeded to walk into the outdoor pool area and find a few big bath towels in the locker room. Stripped down and went hot tubbin'! I wear speedos when i ski so icame prepared. Took a nice hot shower inthe locker room, wentback to the bar for a nitecap and went back to the car to crash. That concludes my 4:20 AM report. Current temp: 16 degrees, clear skies. Was thinking of heading to Jay from here. Will be calling da wife around lunchtime for confirmation. Most likely heading home, since we'll be heading back north next week. My stoke is fully stoked. Out.

Back in Philly. Got up early again, on the lift by 8:30, They opened Cliff which was nice and fluffy and started bumping up early. 16 degrees clear blue skies and then the herd showed up en masse. Here are at least a few reasons not to ski Hunter on a weekend.

1. Long ass lines, and around 11AM the Quad broke down 3 chairs after I got dropped off on top...ROFLMAO!!!!!!

2. More long ass lines at the other lift.

3. Did I mention long lines?

4. So yer waiting in line for a lift ticket for 45 minutes, so you can wait another 1/2 hour for a lift that stopped spinning. How do you feel about that?

More pix from the past few days.

Favorite time of day

The fire pit

Yeah, let me input my info on Friday... Arrived at the mountain from my friend's place in North Jersey around 9:45... Like Moe said, it was a brisk 18 degrees with wind... There were no liftlines all day with snowguns pounding the mountain... Trail report only listed 11 trails as open, but they opened 19 with half of them having snowmaking going while open... The quality of the snow they were making was excellent... There were almost no wet guns and the snow was about as fluffy as manmade gets... There was wind, but other than the brutal wind on Belt Parkway, the rest of the mountain was shielded due to its exposure... Unlike Moe, the last run of the day we decided to poach the Cliff... It was sick... Fluffy snow with huge mounds and more or less first tracks made it awesome... Dodging snowguns at the bottom was also fun... Definitely the best first day East Coas day I have had yet... Their trail expansion looks promising for the upcoming week...

Yeah, let me input my info on Friday... Arrived at the mountain from my friend's place in North Jersey around 9:45... Like Moe said, it was a brisk 18 degrees with wind... There were no liftlines all day with snowguns pounding the mountain... Trail report only listed 11 trails as open, but they opened 19 with half of them having snowmaking going while open... The quality of the snow they were making was excellent... There were almost no wet guns and the snow was about as fluffy as manmade gets... There was wind, but other than the brutal wind on Belt Parkway, the rest of the mountain was shielded due to its exposure... Unlike Moe, the last run of the day we decided to poach the Cliff... It was sick... Fluffy snow with huge mounds and more or less first tracks made it awesome... Dodging snowguns at the bottom was also fun... Definitely the best first day East Coas day I have had yet... Their trail expansion looks promising for the upcoming week...

My last run Saturday was a poach down Racer's Edge, which involved crust busting near the top but the powder harvest on the lower half was bountiful. My motivation was to test the LP 90's in those kind of conditions and they did not suck.......I then gave the herd of douchebags waiting in the busted lift line a HUGE Nelson "HAAAAA HAAAAAA" and watched their faces clench up like sphincters. If there wasn't a law against it, I was tempted to spear a douchebag with my ski pole and stuff and mount it as a hood ornament.

Sounded like a great time. Will be at Hunta for a couple of days the week after New Years. Sleeping in the car??? In the winter?? You're hardcore Moe. You need to buy a van with all wheel drive. Maybe in my younger days I would've done that. My idea of roughing it now is the Holiday Inn. My hat's off to you man!

PAX