Sno Opening Day 12-15-09

snoskier

park:

1:small mailbox

2:c-box

3:small rainbow box

4:battleship setup (3 flat boxes into a battleship, smooth)

5:A:15(?)foot flat box

B: ride on, on the ground flat box. Inch off the ground, good for kids or messing around)2 of them, one right after other.

A+C: Flat rail. Can be hit after the flat box(A)

6: A: Flat down box (small flat to longer down)

B: Flat box,landing on the last small headwall

I think that's it but maybe I screwed up somehere

Edited by riderossi

Ok so I'm gonna cut the criticism to a minimum because I'm just happy there open right now, but as for the park, almost every feature is wayyy to close together but when I really think it through, with no piles there's really nothing else they could do, just some longer bigger features would be nice, not these dinky little boxes. I guess boulder spoiled me...

the way the mountain is set up now open-trail wise is really messed up, if you come down the park you have to either hike up to the bunny slope through the mud or you have to take off your board/skis and walk all the way around the lazy river at the lodge because it's not even close to be filled in. I really hope they consider making a cover for the lazy river next year, thats a HUGE waste of snow resources trying to fill that in when they could have been filling it up with barrels or something all fall when they had nothing else to do. just trust me, its really inconvenient right now up there.

The lights are improved big time for the trails i've been down, all the lights on spike are "WORKING" and thats enough to satisfy me for now.

Lower half of the mountain was choppy to be expected but I didn't mind. it was pretty late by the time I hit it up.

NOBODY checked passes "cough cough" I feel bad for my buddy who actually paid for one... hint hint!

Besides all that, like I said, I'm happy they opened but i'm sure they could have opened with what they had saturday night because idk if they even blew since then...

I think I saw the lights on the guns on lightning on. I hope they go all out to try and get more slopes open for the weekend.

At least there open!

sounds pretty decent. hopefully they get a bunch more open by sometime after christmas. ill be visiting family in tunkhannock and scranton and will be making my first trip to sno since i was like 10.

what quality are their jibs like? legit or like how camelbacks used to be?

Ok so I'm gonna cut the criticism to a minimum because I'm just happy there open right now, but as for the park, almost every feature is wayyy to close together but when I really think it through, with no piles there's really nothing else they could do, just some longer bigger features would be nice, not these dinky little boxes. I guess boulder spoiled me...

I didnt really think they were too close at all...nothing you couldn't manage perfectly fine. Longer boxes would be cool but they really dont have any

the way the mountain is set up now open-trail wise is really messed up, if you come down the park you have to either hike up to the bunny slope through the mud or you have to take off your board/skis and walk all the way around the lazy river at the lodge because it's not even close to be filled in.

Use your head..there was a path to the right of where the funnel for the mainline lift is that brings you right to the pool of the old water slides. about 100 foot walk to the bunny then bunny hop your way to cannonball or iron horse. But the trails opwen are dumb when you look at the top of the mountain i'll agree. Lots of hiking to get from either the base or the bottom of iron horse.

I really hope they consider making a cover for the lazy river next year, thats a HUGE waste of snow resources trying to fill that in when they could have been filling it up with barrels or something all fall when they had nothing else to do

:rofl:confused

The lights are improved big time for the trails i've been down, all the lights on spike are "WORKING" and thats enough to satisfy me for now.

Lower half of the mountain was choppy to be expected but I didn't mind. it was pretty late by the time I hit it up.

NOBODY checked passes "cough cough" I feel bad for my buddy who actually paid for one... hint hint!

passes were being checked when I was there at bottom of northface and the mainline lift. Bunny slacked but I only rode that lift twice. Iron horse guy was alone...kind of hard to load chair and check tickets on every person

Besides all that, like I said, I'm happy they opened but i'm sure they could have opened with what they had saturday night because idk if they even blew since then...

I think I saw the lights on the guns on lightning on. I hope they go all out to try and get more slopes open for the weekend.

At least there open!

sounds pretty decent. hopefully they get a bunch more open by sometime after christmas. ill be visiting family in tunkhannock and scranton and will be making my first trip to sno since i was like 10.

what quality are their jibs like? legit or like how camelbacks used to be?

they are alright. everything I hit was pretty smooth. Most stuff is square coping though instead of round... <_<

Edited by riderossi

Yeah, thats what I meant, hike over to the top of the bunny slope, thats what we did but if you forgot to stop lol, you had to walk all the way around the lazy river.

HINT HINT: I may have or my not have been riding with a couple people who said fuck it and didn't buy a pass, go ahead and tell me they were checking... hahaha they probably saw you and said shit check passes quick! plus my season pass was on my ankle but you couldn't see it through the baggy pants and I know nobody asked me. I was there between 6:30 and 9. probably should have sent it to you in a PM but... not like I have any motivation to help you guys out, just getting pissed for paying and watching kids there for free... ohh and every lift I hit there was 2 people*

Yeah sno's park stuff is decent but they should really consider making/buying new features...

Yeah, thats what I meant, hike over to the top of the bunny slope, thats what we did but if you forgot to stop lol, you had to walk all the way around the lazy river.

Not at the top, you end up at the bottom where i'm talking about. Think where the slush jump goes and you'll have the idea.

Silly question.. but is the Ski Corner shop set up yet at the lodge?

If so, for those who've been to SC's main store and can compare.. what's the selection like?

Example: for apparel and accessories, 25% of their main store... 50%?

Edited by Brian

Right. Size-wise I expected it to be small... But was just wondering what the selection was like for the smaller stuff.. gloves, goggles, etc. Obviously they aren't going to bring their skis and snowboard stock.

I don't know if it was last year, or the year before.. but Ski Corner had a small store open at the Viewmont Mall selling hats, goggles, gloves and other accessories. I was wondering if the retail shop is going to be on par with that.