DON'T GET STUCK ON THE CHAIRLIFT!

Justin

I was on the Coney Glade lift today at Snowmass around 2 p.m. The high today was fifteen degrees. It was zero all over most of the mountain. At this time of day the Sun is setting behind the mountain due to the low angle and you are guaranteed a nice 5-10 degree drop once it goes away.

As I am about to get on the lift the flunkie working it that day says, "the black thing just broke." Yet he still lets me get on the lift! I made it maybe five chairs into the ride when the lift stops. Gee asshole do you think maybe you shouldn't have let me on the lift after you noticed "the black thing broke." I was too high to jump.

30 minutes later they got it running again and I got to the top. Johnny was not a happy boy. Yeah I was mad, but props to the Aspen Snowmass ski patrol. Two separate patrolers stopped at my chair to let me know what was going on, how long I could expect to wait, and did I need emergency relief due to the extreme cold. Very cool. That's how its done folks. Blue could use some pointers. I was the last person off the lift and the patrolers waiting at the top gave me a $25 voucher to use on food, gear, anything. Very cool response.

Sorry for the long winded story, but needless to say, all I kept thinking about was this damn movie trailer while I was trapped on the lift!

lol love it well at least you were making .83 cents a min aspen cash while you were sitting there!

• Like 1

I wish I knew the voucher was waiting for me at the top, as I would have cut down on the obscenities a bit. Well, maybe not too much, it made me feel warmer.

Here is a picture of the lift I was stuck on. It would actually have been cool if I were trapped above the jump line but I wasn't even close.

Admins: Any reason why I can't upload pictures into my gallery? I had to sign up to photobucket to get this to work.

Oh yeah, the superpipe is on the other side of the lift outside of view. It isn't open yet. They haven't even started up the Zaug. The pros will be arriving soon to practice here for the X-Games.

091226129.jpg

• Like 1

I wish I knew the voucher was waiting for me at the top, as I would have cut down on the obscenities a bit. Well, maybe not too much, it made me feel warmer.

Here is a picture of the lift I was stuck on. It would actually have been cool if I were trapped above the jump line but I wasn't even close.

Admins: Any reason why I can't upload pictures into my gallery? I had to sign up to photobucket to get this to work.

Oh yeah, the superpipe is on the other side of the lift outside of view. It isn't open yet. They haven't even started up the Zaug. The pros will be arriving soon to practice here for the X-Games.

091226129.jpg

That jumpline is TTC6 approved

091226129.jpg

That jumpline is TTC6 approved