JF 12/30/09

C1erArt

Sunny and competitively warm. Like Smartass yesterday, we had guests (my sister and 8 year old niece), got there a little late and spent the day on the west side on the greens and blues. Slopes were nice and fluffy, not too crowded, but the lift lines were a lot longer than you will see on the east side. Big crowds getting tickets and in the lodge. JF admin was handling things pretty well and kept things moving.

When the niece took a break, we headed over to Challenge. You know its going to be a good day when the trees in the glade are white. Bunch of people running it - a little crusty on the flats, but nice and soft on the headwalls. Didn't make it over to east mountain.

4228548129_822a747010_o.jpg

Photo is from the chairlift over t-bolt looking across challenge into the glade.

Edited by C1er

see post above....X2

spent the day on the west side as well, making some turns with some friends. lots of people, lift lines were definetly a little longer than i really expected, but the awesome conditions made up for that. plenty of snow for everyone. the trees on that side might be the secret stash, not that many people ski them, so the snow is real nice. like someone mentioned before, watch the gully at the bottom of Janes.

i believe i over heard someone say they were going to make it snow again at frost tonight.....

kudos to the crew at JFBB for such good conditions.

You missed out on Great Conditions today if you didn't head over to east. Now i cant tell you how Floyd's or River Shot was, but Elevator Upper Glade, and Elevator was where it Was AT TODAY! Awesome Conditions on Elevator, the Cliffs are almost gone they are now roller-esk. The Snow was soft fluffy and move-able, Every turn was followed by a nice spray of snow flying down the slope. Elevator today really made me happy after the past few bullet proof ice days.

I may have to bow down the snow makers at JF, they are blowing snow that might make mother nature Jealous.

On another Note, Elevator is getting a lot of action, and Some Skiers and Boarders are not Respecting the Power a steep slope has and are getting bucked down the drops. Also Ive seen some close calls on some kids falling back seat and sliding soo close to going all the way down elevator from River Shot.

I think JF or Ski Patrol NEEDS to put up a wooden gate, or the orange temp gates so people are aware the side on river shot drops off... Some people are just too cocky or ignorant when if comes to their skiing ability and get in way too deep over on the east side.

The Over Population on East may be in correlation to the opening in the woods to the East lift. You No Longer have to go through the East Mountain Access Trail to reach the lift, you can just cut right through challenge and Visitors may not know what that lift accesses.

• Like 1

... Some people are just too cocky or ignorant when if comes to their skiing ability and get in way too deep over on the east side.

that one there is the theme song for this week, i think at pretty much any mountain. i never saw more ignorant people pushing their way through the lift line than yesterday.

you make some valid points, but it really think alot of it is due to caliber of people skiing this week. i really havent seen anything crazy on the elevator when i was there, and i was there monday when it was pretty dicey with the ice from saturday.

i saw people come over to rivershot from the challange glade, right before the second headwall. i actually heard them say "now what", looking down at the headwall which was covered in ice.

isnt there a sign on east mountain lift that says it only services expert or more difficult terrain?

• Like 1