Elk tr

moe ghoul

Elk was absolutely phenomenal the past 2 days as I'm sure Moe can attest. Tunkhannock was the run of the day. Bumps are getting built up nicely and are big and soft with perfect chalk between them. Great leg burning run. Yesterday there was this guy who I saw heading for the top of Tunk wearing jeans. Kind of waiting for the laugh I watched him for a little while when suddenly he dives straight for tough line and skis a perfect TELE run through the bumps. Pretty awesome to see him out there all day yesterday.

Crowds on WVIA day weren't terrible. I definitely parked a lot farther away than I have ever done at Elk and I got my first ride on the Elk Wagon (pretty fun actually :) ) but it didn't seem to really translate to the mountain. The longest I ever waited at the doubles in front of the lodge was 3 minutes, and the quad generally had some people milling around at the bottom but rarely a real line.

Elk keeps people on the chairs more than the trails so conditions were great all day and runs were never crowded at all. There were a number of times when I was skiing off of the quad that on the diamonds there I was the only person on the entire trail. It was packed from my past experiences at Elk, but in reality the crowds were hardly an issue.

Elk was absolutely phenomenal the past 2 days as I'm sure Moe can attest. Tunkhannock was the run of the day. Bumps are getting built up nicely and are big and soft with perfect chalk between them. Great leg burning run. Yesterday there was this guy who I saw heading for the top of Tunk wearing jeans. Kind of waiting for the laugh I watched him for a little while when suddenly he dives straight for tough line and skis a perfect TELE run through the bumps. Pretty awesome to see him out there all day yesterday.

Lift line crowd was minimal, we never waited more than a few people deep at the quad all day. I called it a day around 1:30 on Friday, we hung at the bar for a few hours with some friends and then headed back to Philly around 5. Great conditions for sure. A few pics are attached, didn't take many because I was just up there and I'm getting lazier with pics. It's almost time to get a helmet cam.....