Special thanks to Elk Security and Elk Staff

moe ghoul

I want to thank the staff at Elk, Dave from Security, and whoever may have turned in my Arcteryx shell and fleece vest from our last trip up on the 8th for their integrity. In the rush to get our gear packed up into the car so we could move the car out of the loading area at the midstation lodge, I left my shell and fleece vest in the lodge and drove off. I didn't even know it was missing until I started packing for our trip Monday. I called Elk Monday afternoon fully expecting someone to tell me they didn't have it, but had nothing to lose to rule out that possibility. Imagine my pleasant surprise to be proven wrong. Dave from security even made a special effort to conceal my jacket in the security office to avoid "shoppers" from going into the office and claiming it or giving a heads up to a 3rd party to walk in and pretend its theirs. We hear enough stories about gear getting lifted from resorts, I thought it was important to post up something positive that occurs but goes unnoticed. We're really feeling at home at Elk and if any Elksters read this, I want to thank all of them for consistently making our stays there memorable, inviting and worthwhile.

• Like 1

Nice ending. I was there on Fri. 1/22/10 for the Winterfest with the $20. all day lift ticket when purchased from a participating ski shop in advance. The skiing was awesome. I thought they were going to have the demos again, but they didn't, I inquired and they said this time it was skier appreciation day (no demo guys this time).

What is sad is the postings on the bulletin board in the half-way house about stolen skiis. Someone had 2 pair of Dynastars stolen, a man's and womans pair.

In addition to posting here, you should write a letter to them saying you appreciate what they did.

No imagine your experience happening at Camelback or Blue Mt? No way you'd get the jacket back.

I did send one out. And bought Dave a few beers at Chet's the same day I retrieved it.