JF this weekend

krs1pitt

so any idea on what the conditions are gonna look like on saturday? really want to make a trip out before my trip to utah but with this recent weather we've been having i'm afraid what those hills are going to look like. i checked their site today and saw they are closed today, it looks like they're going to get a snow shower or two prior to the weekend but i doubt it will be of any substance. can it be expected that they will be going back to blowing to get the mountain back in shape? it looks like the temps will be ideal but since this is my first year really hitting jf i wanted to know if anyone had any historical evidence. cheers!

krs1

JF is making snow tonight(tuesday) and friday night to bring conditions back. Friday's high is 19, with a low of 6. We expect some nice dry and soft snow for the weekend.

check jfbb.com news and blogs for up to the minute info on our conditions.

Keep on rockin'

-Guido

History of closings is very slim.

It takes a monsoon like yesterday to actually shut down JF.

Sure we get an occasional heavy rain storm in the winter months of Jan, Feb , March but

I don't remember 4 times in the last 4 years that we had JF close because of rain....

and I was there Mon-Fri for the entire winter so I'd know.

I had a standing appointment for a driver to take me to JF on all weekdays and

I never got to JF and was told they were closed because of rain.

Thats a pretty good track record.

Also note that JF does absolutely phenomenal recovery grooming after warm spells and rain storms.

This is twice I showed up on Tuesday after having 50 degrees or rain on Monday and found that

the night time cold snap and predawn grooming made nice riding for me.

Don't ever NOT go because it rained or they were closed.

The next day or weekend could be the nicest ride you ever had.