jack frost 2-10-10

RidgeRacer

JFskiDan picked me up around 10 and we made our way over to Jack Frost to ski conditions that come around these parts maybe once a year if we're lucky...powder everywhere. All trails / trees were great today but the run of the day was easily the Challenge Glade which I took some video of below with my phone (sorry it's a little shaky - you may want to lower the volume on your computer a little too :D ) Really not much else to say other than today was epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeVzhBw7XUo

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

PC - real sorry you couldnt make it up today....but i know the stuff you like to ski is going to be just as nice tomorrow, as it was today.

what a great day.....definetly worth playing hookey for the rest of the week, to enjoy a day of skiing that we just dont see much here in PA. i dont know what the total snowfall is so far, and well i just dont care...its alot. tons of good stuff at Frost today....elevator - just as predicted by Jordan, its a bit slippy at the top, but definetly still cool....skiers right where the bumps are is loaded with powder though.

e-glade definetly appreciated some new snow. challenge glade - nice, nice....lots of fun to be had in there. the trails are nice too, but the place to be is on one of Frost's many off trails areas.

pics are coming in slow today - for some reason i dont have my blackberry software loaded onto the computer since windows 7 blah, blah, blah. my internet connection is just in the toilet.....i got 2 downloaded so far.

whiteout conditions in the microclimate - standing at the bottom of rivershot, the elevator to the left

post-1753-126583796134_thumb.jpg

all and all, just a great day. until i decided my car would look better parked on Dom's front yard. it doesnt look it, but she's stuck in a

ditch. heading back over to get her out now.

post-1753-126583824215_thumb.jpg

Edited by JFskiDan

Today is one to be put in the HISTORY BOOKS.

Frost had amazing snow, First tracks in the morning were in about 4 inch's min and it snowed about an inch an hour all day. I really hope they don't touch the snow at all on Challenge, the winds will level out the snow on the trails.

Headed over to Boulder at 2 for first tracks, and what i found was Dumbfounding. KNEE TO MID THIGH DEEP POWDER AT BOULDER!!! IM NOT JOKING!It was RIDICULOUS!

Lack of Pitch was a major issue, But SNOWDRIFT was an abundance of Fun. I haven't slashed turns that plastered my face with snow since i was out west.

Roads are pretty bad but My jeep did work on the roads today.

If you see a snowboarding in a peacock green Airblaster Jacket and Black Airblaster pants, That would be me.

how much snow did Jack Frost get??? The Elevator must have been DEEP!!!!

I would say 12 to 15 inches fell on JF...maybe more. Elevator was deep on the flatter sections. the steeper part (the baller route) was hardpacked up top but easily edgeable. two turns down and there was plenty of powder which kinda threw me off each time down.

BTW when are you making the trip up to Jackson Frost?

Frost had amazing snow, First tracks in the morning were in about 4 inch's min and it snowed about an inch an hour all day. I really hope they don't touch the snow at all on Challenge, the winds will level out the snow on the trails.

Headed over to Boulder at 2 for first tracks, and what i found was Dumbfounding. KNEE TO MID THIGH DEEP POWDER AT BOULDER!!! IM NOT JOKING!It was RIDICULOUS!

Lack of Pitch was a major issue, But SNOWDRIFT was an abundance of Fun. I haven't slashed turns that plastered my face with snow since i was out west.

Snowdrift is so much fun.

PC, tomorrow will be epic again. enjoy it.

Roads are pretty bad but My jeep did work on the roads today.

If you see a snowboarding in a peacock green Airblaster Jacket and Black Airblaster pants, That would be me.

snowdrift is awesome. its like a magnet for drifting snow since it sits lower than the two trails beside it. i figured it would be pretty nice today.